What a fab afternoon. Very proud of myself and Moo

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
Misty doesn't hack alone-yet. The one time i attempted it she napped and threatened to rear so have been hacking her in company to build her confidence up. Well the last few days she's been a bit naughty in the school (nothing terrible just inventing monsters) and I think it's probably boredom as haven't hacked for a while as nobody has been available so today as it's so lovely I decided to attempt to hack her around the track which goes around the yard as I thought if she did manage to lose me;):p she couldn't get anywhere and we were at no risk of coming across traffic or other horses. So we set off up the track with me expecting the worst as soon as we got alongside her field, especially when her bf came galloping up to the fence and then cantered and bucked alongside the fence, Misty whickered and stopped and I thought here we go so pushed her on and she carried on:D.
When we got to the top of the track Misty attempted to nap (same place as she did last time) but I pushed her on she then decided perhaps she'd jog instead but I brought her back into a walk. She was strong the rest of the way round the track but I kept her at a walk and she actually put herself into a lovely outline and seemed to be enjoying herself. When we headed back to the yard she decided to trot but I got her back to a walk and we then walked quietly back down the hill and then did a quick bit of schooling in the outdoor arena to finish.
Very pleased with myself as usually I'd jump off and take the horse home and proud of Misty as she didn't actually do anything and listened well and was able to hack alone.
She is doing so much good for me, I love my Misty Moo she's giving me so much confidence:D:D:D

So pleased for you - and isnt it great that we seem to be getting a lot of positive posts about these issues we have?:) Seems we are all progressing despite the time of the year when we can expect them to be less than co-operative?:D

newrider.com