What does your horse enjoy doing workwise?

Abby used to love jumping! It was sort of aim and fire! And she used to dance and jump round at the sight of a jump wing :eek: And she likes going on a nice gentle hack somewhere strange, shes very nosey and bounces and prances and sticks her head in everywhere when she has not been before.

She likes itching :mad: (i try and do it for her) as she like its rough ;)

She loves food, oh and men! She escapes from the field to go and see the stallions when nobody is around (much to YO disgust :eek:) despite having post and rail fencing allround :confused: So she enjoys being a nosey, greedy, itchy trollop! But i love her for it :D

My boy loves working and faster the better if he can.

Can we canter now mum..... Surely it's time for a canter??

He loves anything and everything. He is a star.

He will leg yield, travers, shoulder in, bit of half pass, counter canter, collected trot and canter, extended trot and canter etc.

He just loves it.

He is very willing and you can just tell he loves his work. Just think it most of the time and he will do it. He is also very good at doing something without asking too. If I have done a few shoulder in's for example, the next time round he will start to do shoulder in before I even ask.

He is a clever boy. I love my boy to bits!!

Never a day when he doesnt want to work. He gets a bit stressed out and loony tune if he doesnt work lol.

Well, Storm loves jumping (sadly I do not at the moment!!!!) She loves being schooled (yes really!!!!) and is soooo willing!! Have to say she is a good all rounder (apart from the lack of confidence to hack alone!!!). At the moment we are thoroughly enjoying some proper schooling together again, she never seems to run out of steam either! lol, this morning for instance she was still raring to go after three quarters of an hour, but sadly I had to come to work..........

Shay likes hacking, Susie quite likes hacking but the others aren't too fussed and would rather stand in the field doing nothing all day!

Can't believe you have started this thread. I was thinking this earlier. I've just been riding round the field and done a bit of jumping on Rhia and she loved it all. I let her have a good blast all around the field after, which she loved and she was getting really excited jumping. She loves to work all together. Made me realise she is actually wasted on me, she would have made a cracking competition pony and is so responsive she would have been great at dressage in the right hands (not mine). :rolleyes: She was an absolute star today.

She loves hacking out in new places too, she is always alert and looking around anyway but I can tell she likes seeing new things. She also enjoys un-even ground and having to think where she puts her feet. She gets bored walking around on roads.

What made me think this today was when I was putting her bridle on I put her reins over her head and then realised I wanted to add her noseband as I'd had it off to clean. She was getting quite inpatient and kept trying to get the bit in her mouth like "Come on lets get going".

She really is wasted on me. I have settled into being a bit of a happy hacker. Maybe I should push myself and aim to do some competing with her before the end of the season.

Poppet loves cantering and hacking, if i have taken her around the village then back on the fields she like 'yay we can canter now!!' though sometimes its like you can have a canter just do it when i say :) So yeh loves hacking the further the better and jumping also loves scratches on her withers:)

Does not really like schooling.

M likes jumping, going fast, doing silly trots (he can do three different ones at the mo: normal, extra long (extended) and what I call a side-side (passage?) which started when we passed a very pretty mare and I gave him a big ol' fuss for it and now he seems to do it all the time) and chasing Harvey around the paddock - I think he enjoys that the best. (Don't worry, Harvey is very fat so it's very good for him)

He must enjoy working, I don't have to open his mouth for the bit, he just opens and puts it in place. I don't have to get in position to mount and never walks on until I say so. He'll move to wherever is easiest for me to get on so very easy for mounting whilst out on a hack if I have to get off for any reason.

Unless...... it's really hot. Then everything is done in slow motion with a yawn thrown in at intervals.

Kezzie loves to do ANYTHING! he can be in the foulest mood and as soon as his bridle and saddle go on he's keen as anything.

Toby likes hacking :) he used to really enjoy jumping aswell.

Bean doesn't really care, he gets bored schooling but he's only a babby so thats to be expected so we generally just hack out a few times a week :)

Sisters pony is a mentallist and loves anything that involves galloping or jumping. Especially hunting or cross country or teamchasing :p

JJ is another one who eagerly opens his big gob for the bit - seems pretty happy to have a go at most things - but is at his happiest trotting along the roads at the fastest pace he can persuade me to do :eek: Perils of an ex driving horse Im afraid!;)

Sil likes stuff that stimulates her - she enjoys hacking - on the whole slow, with one good gallop to clear the cob webs. She would amble about all day.

I think though, her forte really would be gymkhanas. She would love pony club - she is fast and competitive and nifty too - she would be ace at it.

She isnt a schooling fan... to say the least :p :D

Harvey loves hacking and jumping, cross country especially. He really enjoys the Stage 4 exams held at the yard. Not so keen on flat work, but obliges.

Grace gets very excited when the cart comes out. She enjoys walks and long-reining, but driving is her real passion.

Eggwub likes playing and helping. He likes going out for walks in-hand. He gets tense driving and doesn't cope well with traffic. But working out how to steal a jacket and dunk it in the water trough or how to get through a not quite closed properly gate, that makes his day:)

newrider.com