what happens at the following show things??

still cant get through :(

easiest thing to do is find your 'sent items' and delete those. or you could just tick messages in your inox, select 'delete' in the dropdown menu at the bottom and hit 'go'. good luck :D

julia
x

Notpoodle, I think Angel has probably been to shows before but may be these have only been in the breed classes.
I'm glad you're getting along fine with her and seem to be doing a lot more things. Good luck if you do go to a show. Let me know how you get on.
All the best.

yeah, she probably has, not for a while though i would imagine :)

i feel a lot more 'enterprising' now, which is nice - and i really enjoy taking her out on little hacks on our own now :)

julia
x

What sort of yard have you moved Angel to? Is it just a livery yard or riding school/livery yard? I find yards that just do livery are better. Is she still kept out? You'll be fine at the show, just relax and enjoy. My 1st show was the worst I've ever been to, as the people I went with never stopped criticising me. It was a x country + show jumping and I'd never been to a show like that with my own horse. No helpful positive advice at all, just negative comments the whole time. Still, horsey people were like that then back in the early 70s, especially ones with plummy accents (put on of course). They weren't even AIs. Any enough of that, enjoy the show. Hope you get placed.

Of course you can go and just watch whilst on horseback. I am going to Laughton Manor on Friday night just to watch. I won't be taking Captain yet as he is not ready for a course of jumps. I am not ready yet either. ;) I am however hoping to take him to some local shows. I won't enter anything the first time I will just let him ride around and give him the experience of being at a show. The first time I took Bonnie she was a little monster. She didn't stand still all day and my feet were getting a battering. :p

@ cheko: i have moved her literally next door from the old place (to frith manor stables). its mainly a DIY livery place although two people there have school horses and give lessons. its nowhere near as busy as the old place though - and ive already come to appreciate this :)

@ novice nic: i think i take her to one to watch and if that goes okay we might (lo and behold!) enter something!

julia
x

Gretna Green races, instead of using real people, now mainly use dummys. Or pillow cases. Not that I'd know... cos I'd Never ghymkhana potty.... much... urm, anyway :D

Notpoodle - Let me know how you get on? I am very excited about taking Captain to his first show. He has been my dream come true. I know a lot of people know him in this area (ex-riding school cob). He is my famous little star. I am looking forward to seeing all my friends and showing off my boy. :) When is your show? I wish you loads of luck and hope Angel is on her best behaviour so you can show off your little gem.

cant help you on your questions except for the 'open' question
open usually means you can do whatever, what trot canter and gallope. if you dont want to gallop you may want to consider just doing walk/trot
that sounds very exiting though! all my shows are at least 2hrs from my house :mad:

I've just discovered that half my new yard is apparently going, so I might see if I can hitch a ride. :cool:
Dunno what classes to do though, no idea.

If he's clearly a native, but a bit of a Heinz 57 can I still show him in a M&M class? And if he has 'tidied up' hairy legs does that matter?

You may see a little bay with one blue eye and a fleabitten grey thats imaculatly clean there...they grey is my new loan :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

newrider.com