What Haynet /haylage net do you use and why?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I have a large two tone haylage net thats great. I also have a stable floor equally great, currently the hay is on floor that she picks at when in for a while.

I have two hay nets I want to sell as I feel the holes are too big and she makes more mess than if it were on the floor! Plus one is XL, try lifting that damp!:help:

Anyone spent out on the ones to slow down greedy ponies such as this,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shires-Gr...StableAccessories_SM&var=&hash=item2eceb62737

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elim-a-Ne...Horse_Wear_Equipment&var=&hash=item48613b828d

How much are you wanting for said xl haynet?? I am trying to accumulate as many as possible to tie to fences as my hay is o wet ground and rotting away before its eaten :(

I have the elim net! They are good but I wouldn't say the holes are that much different in size to my small holed nets. And they are expensive, especially as my horse does tend to break them. I double net everything at the moment while he is on boxrest

I've always bought Shires ones from the local feed merchant and put one inside another. They are classed as small holed - well it said on the label. I have seen much larger holed ones - these must be for hayledge? I just use hay ones - even for Chloe who eats hayledge at night. I would love to feed off the floor at night but by midnight it would all be gone - have tried this and crept out late to check! lol

One thing I was a bit disappointed in was the Shires Hay Bag. Bought one a few years ago to hang in the school thinking it would minimise hay strewn all over and the darn thing came with nowt to tie it up with! Wasn't cheap either! You'd think they would have included a string like on normal nets. Plus the holes where said string was meant to pass had metal eyelets which fell off! Not very safe as the horses could have eaten them by mistake!

I agree with the hay bag, Trewers no tie up rope with it. I fashioned one with twine, mind you the pony loves his haybag give him a net and he won't eat his hay! Where as my chap has to have a large holed haynet, if i use a small holed net or double net he can't be bothered to eat his hay either, lazy or what!!!!

I have the greedy feeders nets and love them, the holes are really small, still have to double net them though, she's such a glutton! But they do seem to be very robust.
One of our liveries has the eliminet but the holes are bigger than the greedy feeder.

I have the greedy feeders nets and love them, the holes are really small, still have to double net them though, she's such a glutton! But they do seem to be very robust.
One of our liveries has the eliminet but the holes are bigger than the greedy feeder.

I don't think I will get the eliminet then if bigger holes.

newrider.com