What is le trek?

What is Le Trec

Le Trec is quite new over here in the uk, and it's surprising how many people have not heard of it, so your not alone there. I am new to the Trec scene. The BHS has a Trec Site you may want to look up. But to tell you what I know. It's an event that has three phases. Orentering, PTV obsticales and paces. It is very interesting and the best thing about this is you can do it in western tack if you like. Orentering- You are given a map with ten minutes to copy the route through the country side, depends what level your at as to how long the route is, you can go solo or in pairs. PTV obsticales, just things like loading into a trailer and walking straight out the other side, reining back, making your horse stand in a circle for 10 seconds, and so on. There are 26 differnt events in the rule book. The paces are usually in a straight line of 150 meters, you have to canter as slow as you can one way and then walk as fast as you can back with out breaking the pace. I hope this has been of some use to you. Buy I warn you if you go to just watch the 1st event, you'll want to rush home get your horse and have a go. The thing is you dont get eliminated if you don't want to do one of the bits of the event, you just dont get any points. So if say you don't want to jump, you tell the steward and you could still win the event.

I want to try that!!

Its sounds like good fun and a real test of horse and rider...
It makes me miss the pony I used to ride, she was completely bomb proof and would so well in all those loading and standing still and things!!! She is an Exmoor, ahhhhh I miss her!!!
Do you know whereabouts these events are held? I would love to go along and watch one.:)

le-trec

Catabloo has just given you some really good information.

We have a Le-trec every year through Telford Bridalways, our main events are:

In and out of cones
150 meters of pace (timed)
box in and out of a pony trailer
opening and shutting a gate
up and down a bank with your horse
cross crounty -with 3 jumps
up a bank on horse
and rein back

But before you do this you have to do the ride, which normally takes about 2 hours.

Also for our le-trec you recieve extra points you have to have some of the following:

Compass
waterproofs
either coins or a mobile phone
hoof pick
and some sort of first aid kit

I always sterward for our le-trec and i do the paces and cones, i it is such a good day i wish i could enter my horse.

What you could find and probably will is that every club with be a little different as ours has the above events and another club might have other ones.

But have a go at one as you will have a good time.

What area do you live in?

Email me to tell me how you get on

hayley@gittoes1985.fsnet.co.uk

hayley

le trec again...

Thanks hayley...
I live in London, so at the moment I have no horse and theres no countryside.
As often as I can I visit my mum, who's in Norfolk and my dad who's in East Sussex.
Do you know of any events round there at all? I'd love to be a steward for one of the disiplines, I used to do it at cross country events in Norfolk. How did you get involved (If you don't mind me asking all these questions?)

We do have a bit of trouble finding events around here (west Sussex). We are of to Dorset on Sunday for a Trec competition, Bit far out, but down here they are in every county except West Sussex. There is one on in August, the 26th I think at Tilford & Rushmoor riding club. Tilford in Surrey. You maybe able to get to that one. That was the First one I watched. Very Friendly atmosphire. If you want more information on that one the organisers number is 01252 723073. You can also get the rule book from the BHS. That gives you all the obsticals and how the event is run. Hopefully we may be able to get more things going on down here. there used to be a Trec held at Bridge House Riding School in Broadbridge heath near Horsham, but they are not holding it this year. Any way, go and have a look you will enjoy it.

hey hayley,
umm many many years late but i live in shropshire around the telford area and ive started to become intreted in TREC. However on the BHS TREC website the nearest one is birmingham solihull!!

i cant travell that far do you know how i could find out about the telford bridleway TREC events?

try mercia trec, they do this area.

I want to try le trec again, last event I did I nearly cut off my finger, but I have a new hossy to try with now:D

Thanks,

ouch :( sounds painful! il try mercia trec and hopefully theres a event in the area.:D i do funrides at the moment but id like to try something new so le TREC it is (Y) !

I do funrides and endurance at the moment with my boy, but since he has calmed down a bit I can do outdoor le trec.

newrider.com