What would you be feeding ginny?

babeanddinky

Babe the best pony anyone
Feb 18, 2008
Question in title!

Ginny is a 17 years old, 16hh thoroubred cross irish draft.
She is ridden most days for 30 minutes + and turned out everyday with ad lib hay at night.

here is a picture so you can see her current weight (was taken about a week ago) [she is the grey]

mateys.jpg

What would you feed her?

Thanks guys:D

She is lovely :)
If she is on good grazing, and because she's only in light work then I don't think you need to feed anything, she looks in good condition :)

If you feel you need to give her something else, just stick to basic fibre feeds such as a low sugar chaff and or speedi-beet

She is lovely :)
If she is on good grazing, and because she's only in light work then I don't think you need to feed anything, she looks in good condition :)

If you feel you need to give her something else, just stick to basic fibre feeds such as a low sugar chaff and or speedi-beet

she is on very good grazing

Ok, so you're feeding approx. 2.5kg of cubes a day, which I think is sufficient enough to give your horse a balanced diet considering that she is in good condition and in light work. Which codlivine supplement are you using? Your horse's diet is balanced and high in fibre, with ad-lib forage (oh goody!:p) and if she goes well on it then I personally wouldn't change a thing! (which is rare) :)

x

newrider.com