When was the last time you cleared out your box?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
So with Ben being on box rest for 6 months, you would have thought that I would have spent some time cleaning out my stuff and preparing myself for riding again? No, I haven't touched anything. It is all covered in dust and mould. My body protector actually had cobwebs on it.

Am I the only person who has had an enforced break from riding and just let their stuff gather dust?

I took a few bits home, when Jess was off, to prevent the mould but I don't remember spending any time cleaning tack etc. I rarely clean tack at the best of times tho so not much different :p

Reactions: Trewsers
I didn't use chunkys leather saddle for several months as someone gave me a treeless one to try. The girls have been riding him in that but my big bottom doesnt fit it very well so the other week I fancied a sit on so I had to clean his leather saddle before I could use it. It was minging.
If I dont drive for a month then my harness collects dust and mould and I have to clean it before I can use it. I really should look after it better. Not putting this on my horse.

IMG_20180614_193734843.jpg

Very lucky in that I've never not been able to ride due to horse illness. My box is pretty tidy really. Keep my saddle in my car though. Tack gets cleaned once a week when hunting. Like never in summer :p

I'm the slob.:rolleyes: cleaned Ramseys out when I got Hogan, my friend gave me a lovely box with lid and matching brushes etc (purple of course!). That was in July. Haven't cleaned anything since.:confused:

newrider.com