where to send my lad for backing

leno289

Feb 10, 2005
lowestoft suffolk
in the title really
i have had a heck of a time with his backing - not at all his fault i may add - had someone come up on just about a daily basis last year - he was lunged, long reined and had all tack etc - was lent over and then sat on - but unfortunately he shot off had rider off and we had to go back to square 1 - literallly - he would bolt and hair around the minute tack was put on etc etc - anyways we turned him away for a few month and started again -this time getting a more shall we say qualified person in to help us - after the initial bolting etc etc we had him lunging better than he ever had, long reinging like a pro - had a saddle fitter out and a new saddle for him - all was going absolutly fab- again he had a rider on him - only at walk and on the lunge - then came winter and since i have only the paddocks to work in we had to stop in feb as ground just got too bad to work - anyways we are now attempting to get him back into work - and it appears we are back to square one again - haring around when free schooled and lunged - and when on long reins - is happy to stand there and let you lean over him and even sit on him but we have not gone any further
thing is i now think that he may have to go away to have the final backing done but i no of now here around wher ei am that is available or can offer anything so wondered if you guys know of anyone as i know there are a few people on here from around my area

thanks

I am just down the road from you at braintree and I do breaking, I can do at mine or at yours depending what you want

I have done difficult horses that have been stopped as they diddnt break smoothly before :) let me know if you are intrested :)

at home I have the facilities to get your horse hacking with a lead horse, after his history I think thats what he needs ........a complete change from hat happened last time :D

Last edited:
calli love the way you say just down the road :)

basically as i say he can and does work well - can send you links to vids to see for yourself so you can see how far he got - other prob i have is time - i can not ride hence having someone do it for me - but i do have a RI who is happy to work and ride him- can you pm me prices etc etc

and thanks for quick reply -as i say i happy to send you links etc

newrider.com