White stuff

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I've woken up to a pretty covering of the white stuff this morning. It wont last long as it's due to rain all day. Cant decide if it's still snowing or is actually raining now. Something wet coming down. I'll know in 5 minutes when I'm out in it. Brrr

But its lethal. I went round to feed the cattle got out the cab, shut the door. Was still holding onto door handle fortunately. As my feet went from me. Saved.
Turned round walked away to put out a bale of hay. Thump. I was straight down on my backside.
Went out to feed horses and cows at home. I nearly didnt make it back up the field. I was travelling sideways rather than forward. The snow is so slippery. Got back absolutely drenched. It poured on me.
Sorry pictures look dark as it still wasnt daylight.
IMG_20191114_072306.jpg

IMG_20191114_072315.jpg

In the woods there wasnt so much snow so I put some hay in there. The little babies looked ok. Nobody was shivering.

IMG_20191114_073637.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Oh crikey! I don’t want to see that white stuff, makes me realise just what time of year it is.
Glad your babies are ok and hope your bum isn’t too sore from your fall.

Brrrrrr. Cold just looking at those pics. Even we had ice and frost for the past two days. The pot holes were iced over lol most unusual for us. Just now we had a hail shower. It's cold for us - I have acclimatised and am really feeling it this winter. It wouldn't have touched the sides where we used to live.

I hope you're ok.

Babies look very cute in the woods with hay and a dusting of snow - dare I say Christmassy?

That's the worst, at least when it's a bit deeper it gets some grip to it. The babies just look so huggable and squishable :D

newrider.com