Who's putting a rain sheet on tonight??

polly101

Sep 25, 2009
Shropshire
My cob is very rarely rugged, but as he now has a thin summer coat and it gives heavy rain all night here, think i will be putting his new (buy 1 get 1 free) derby house light turnout on, i dont think he will get too warm.

normally i wouldnt but shetland is shut is the field shelter as on box rest so cob has no shelter at the mo. and it does give heavy rain ALL night!

ha ha, well didnt put it on him in the end, it was already raining when i got there and had been rolling. didnt think would be wise to put it on wet muddy pony!!

I did, my horses won't melt but one of them in particular is better off if she doesn't get cold and wet. I'll be up at the crack of dawn to take them off again.

I was going to but I put them in their new paddock and they wouldn't let me anywhere near them. Thought I was gonna take them out again!!

So they will have to get wet and enjoy all their lovely new grass that is so high it reaches my chest lol.

My daughters pony has got one on tonight not because of the rain, silly pony has rubbed a sore patch on his rump in a blackthorn bush.

Fly rug back on tomorrow if its dry. Got to keep the flies off of it.

rain sheets? nah I don't think so, we havn't got shot of the winter coat yet.

oh your all so mean :running: ha ha

i suppose he wont melt, but i do feel mean its been raining heavy for ages and gives it all night, do you think he might shrink!?

just realised i been on here for over a year and not posted any pics, i am so bad!

YO tried to persuade me to stable Bejni this pm because she thought that he and his irlfriend might like a change of scenery- not on your nellie (I was rather more diplomatic)! He might have been out on a 7 miler but he was quite cool when we got back, he can shelter under some tree's and he's got some bum-fluff developing (winter whiskers on the back of his legs!). He isn't exactly,ummmm....anorexic!

We had terrential rain here on Wednesday and I turned up at the field to find an arab shivering violently in a middleweight and my boy wondering what all the fuss was about. Arab ended up in a heavyweight and I wish Flip had been shivering off some fat but doubt very much he even felt the temperature drop.:redcarded: Fat fighters here we come.

It was nice and sunny when I turned Caymen back out again but he can also stand out in the rain shivering some of his fatness away!

This was him and his pals on Tuesday, I had to trudge across the field to get him and he didnt want to come in! He is 2nd from right.

Attachments

• shivers.jpg
    shivers.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
newrider.com