Who's using Windows 8?

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Just had a new lap top, came with the new Windows 8 (I think that's what it's called) while I got to grips with it quite quickly I'm really getting annoyed with the bloomin thing that slides across your screen if you accidentally move your cursor to near the right hand edge!
Also anyone know how to go back a page? Just downloaded photo's off my camera, tried to view them and it just comes up with one picture fullscreen and I can't for the life of me figure out how to just go back to the previous screen!
Me and techy stuff are not good bedfellows.

I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago and it was meant to come with Windows 8 pre-installed. But I have heard so many bad things about it I requested Windows 7 instead and they were happy to put it on instead - apparently a lot of people who bought from them with Windows 8 asked for their money back!

Me... Hubby is a windows freak so we've had the beta version since mid last year plus a new surface (giving birth pressie) with it on. I am slowly getting used to it, I like the office program's, but just don't 'get' the apps screen. Ive just put all the things i use regularly on the desktop so i use it just like windows 7. Give me the good old start menu any day!

I have it on the laptop. It did my head in until I got a start menu app installed and now I think it's fine. I changed the default program to view photos to good old windows picture viewer.

newrider.com