Wintec saddles

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I personally hate the things, the most uncomfortable ride for me personally but hey ho, my friend with the traveler fair horse has borrowed one to use and likes it so wants to get one for her boy but I am a little confused by it, the owner said its a medium gullet but this horse has a 6 seater dinner table for a back, no way in hell can he be a standard medium gullet. So does the wintec wide have a different medium to a normal wintec?

I'm not sure if this saddle is a wide version, but it has a point strap and looks flatter than other standard wintec's from memory, any idea how I can tell?

I have a Wintec saddle and hate it. I no longer use it and just keep it as a spare. It has the interchangeable gullet. If I remember right Wintec did a Wintec 500 wide gp and dressage saddle and this was the only saddle that could accomodate the wide gullet from the easy gullet system. I know its not much help but maybe this saddle is wider than normal?? Maybe their is some marking on them to identify which saddle it is?

It has a serial number, 406463, but that doesn't tell us much. I couldn't look at the gullet at the time as it was on Harry just for a look see, then I forgot afterwards.

Sorry no help at all (saddler at my yard hates Wintecs with a passion) but I've just hooted with laughter at "6 seater dinner table". :p

Reactions: Jessey
I always assumed the wintec 'wide' gullets were wider than the other models e.g. The 500 that I had. I don't have an issue with any make of saddle so long as it fits. I've had a wintec on a previous pony and had no issue.

Normal Wintec can go up to the XW (white) gullet.

Wintec Wide goes from XW and the 3 x purple shades (XXW, XXXW & XXXXW). You shouldn't put anything less than a white gullet in a WW.

I had a wintec wide and hated the thing, SO uncomfortable. They are built on the cheap and I wouldn't ever have one again.

Maybe they mean medium in the range of gullets available for the wintec wide?!
I had one for my lad when I first started, hated it, felt perched and very uncomfortable. Now got a lovely Kent and masters and love it.
Bleugh. Gives me shivers how cheap Nasty and uncomfortable it felt for what it cost. But I'm biased!!

I've no idea and can't access that line at work, I would never have a wintec personally, I detest them but each to their own J likes the one she's riding in so just trying to help her out :)

newrider.com