Wish me luck please

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Tomorrow I am going hacking on Melody.... with Beth on Ollie ( show pony) and Emily on Eva ( fell pony) I know that I have planned to go before and chickened out because I wasn't sure how Melody would re act ..... Well today I followed Beth and Melody out hacking on foot on the route we plan to go tomorrow..... apart from being very looky she spooked to spooks.... I could certainly cope with that :D she was fabulous on the main road. I know we are going to be able to go out as Eva is super hack.

Ekksssss excited for the morning :)

I hacked for an hour and half whoop whoop two spooks a few cars an nd two good friends to baby sit me on Eva and Ollie..... Melody deserves a medal but she looked after mummy so well.....

Now there will be no stopping me :)

Thank you also for the members of this forum who inspire and support online and in real life :)

She is such a lovely mare.
The thing about hacking is there is some stopping of us. You can hack a calm, sensible horse ever so happilly for a year and then go out next day and find she is bonkers. And as a result you make up your mind that you have got too old for this nonsense, above all in mid winter, and decide to stop.
And one needs friends or RIs to remind one that horses do have bad days and it isnt normal and on average things do turn out well and you feel better (not worse) for the ride.
I hope you will go on long term and regardless of any blips.
Hacking does take one's mind off other things and one's health is better for it!

Reactions: Native Lover
Ahh so glad it all went well for you. I love the pictures of you and Melody, she is such a pretty mare and she has such a pretty face especially without a noseband hiding it :) The smile on your face says it all...Well done!!!

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com