Wooo hoooo, first lesson went fab!!!

nicw

Pony club mum!
Oct 22, 2008
West Yorkshire
:):) Loved it!!! Will try and upload some pics on here when i see how to do it!! ;);)I rode a mare called Roxy, about 14.2 ish and the instructor i do know and she's lovely so was very happy. I did some trot too (sitting and rising!!) well impressed with myself.....can't wait for next one now!! :D:D

ETA: Pics at bottom of post!

Last edited:
Will possibly just be able to afford fortnightly to begin with as i pay for my DD1 to go fortnightly too plus the pony club fortnightly fees to pay so just going to book as and when i can at the moment (but aiming for as much as poss as i loved it lots!!) :D:D

Ah rite, yeah it is a bit expensive (but soooo worth it). I might have to cut down on lessons too and swap to fortnightly... poor student lol, i spend too much! :eek:

Sounds like you're loving it though, keep us updated and let us know how the lessons go :) Good luck and have lots of fun! :D

My lesson in pics (hope it works!!)

DSC08848-1.jpg

DSC08852-1.jpg

DSC08851.jpg

DSC08854.jpg

DSC08853.jpg

DSC08855.jpg

DSC08856.jpg

DSC08857.jpg

DSC08858.jpg

DSC08859.jpg

And some more!!! Sorry there's loads and they are quite big!! Not sure how to reduce them

DSC08862.jpg

DSC08861.jpg

DSC08863.jpg
DSC08864.jpg

Roxy looking half asleep!!
DSC08865.jpg

DSC08866.jpg

DSC08867.jpg

DSC08868-1.jpg

And finally:
DSC08869-1.jpg

They are brilliant pics and that horse is absolutely gorgeous!
I love your riding gear, you look very co-ordinated and very smart :)
My riding gear is a combination of odd and clashing colours, whatevers clean on the day lol :eek:

They are brilliant pics and that horse is absolutely gorgeous!
I love your riding gear, you look very co-ordinated and very smart :)
My riding gear is a combination of odd and clashing colours, whatevers clean on the day lol :eek:

Awww thankyou!! The jods were from Robinsons £11.99 plus P&P ones, bargain!! The jod boots were from ebay, the half chaps from an ebay shop. The riding jacket was BN from ebay too....see a trend here. :D:D

good to see you enjoyed it! you look so comfortable on her and relaxed too! not surprised you cant wait for more! its like a drug! so addictive!! we went for a one off lesson two and a half yrs ago and ive hardly left the saddle since!!! :D

Awwww thankyou everyone......i was really impressed as it just felt 'right' and i don't think my position is too bad considering that was first lesson in all those years, anyone any pointers on it, good/bad!! ;):)

Awww thankyou!! The jods were from Robinsons £11.99 plus P&P ones, bargain!! The jod boots were from ebay, the half chaps from an ebay shop. The riding jacket was BN from ebay too....see a trend here. :D:D

Good old Ebay :) Got my chaps from there also. They were a bargain and I love them, much better than long rubber boots!

To answer your question re: your position, I can't see anything to comment on, I think you look absolutely fine :)

you look great in the saddle, an really happy, not enough smiley pics on horse back but you looked so comfortable. Roxy is stunning, she looks huge definately looks bigger than 14 2" she looks so calm and gentle.

she looks huge definately looks bigger than 14 2" she looks so calm and gentle.

I thought that too, asked instructor who said 14.2 ish!! Will ask someone else their opinion on her height as i thought she looked bigger myself but being away from horses for so long i thought maybe she just looks huge when she isn't IYSWIM!!:):)

Congrats! You looked like you were having the time of your life!

Isn't riding fun? My friend and I ride together so there's no one to take pics. (At this stage, I don't know if I want anyone to take pics of me) LOL

newrider.com