Write your dream horse advert

Praecelsus

Jan 1, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
Write an advert for your dream horse. ie if you could have everything you always wanted :D

here's mine:

16.3hh 8 year old, dark dapple grey warmblood gelding.

Superb manners both ridden and on the ground. Snaffle mouth, very uncomplicated horse who is good for farrier/vet/catch/load/clip etc. Will go at a rider's pace and has unflappable, laid back temperament. Never forward going, but not a plod either. Real family horse who will always look after you and is a confidence giver. Schools very nicely on the flat with correct paces, but limited show experience so a rider can take him further.

Now, if someone could find this boy and package him up for me I would be VERY grateful!! :D

17hh grey Irish Draught mare, lovely paces, will do lateral work. Jumps for fun, never stops. Great all rounder. Easy to do in stable.

(basically my first pony, but bigger! Although my new lad is turning out to be a real sweetheart!)

Stunning 15.2hh 6yr old Palomino Mare ( not sure which breed yet!) - Beautiful powerful paces, very talented mare with lots of scope and goes in a stunning outline... Will clear 1.20m with ease. Always placed showjumping and consistently scoring 70% in dressage - Loves jumping, never strong or silly - ready to affiliate. XC Machine, will jump anything -. Never gets silly in open spaces, never bucks or rears and snaffle mouth in all disciplines. Very kind and easy to handle in all respects, never marish. Good to box/ shoe/ clip etc.. A wonderful mare who will go to the top. Includes quality tack- Price £1000 ono. hehe:D

Wanted: 16hh Black (to grey as matures) Andalusian x Friesian (Warlander) Gelding or Mare, excellent conformation. Started in clasical dressage but will jump anything. Good feet essential! :D

4yo 16hh black andalusian x welsh D gelding

Backed,idden away and ready to start his eduction

good conformation & 3 stunning paces - would excel in dressage

Hacked alone and in company in heavy traffic.

Brave and forward but not silly

Brilliant feet so could stay barefoot.

Gorgeous dark bay 8yo New Forest mare, 14.2hh. 100% catch, box, farrier, dentist, bath, clip etc. Forward going but sensible, never strong. Lovely responsive ride, always ridden in a snaffle. Loves to get out and about hacking, happy to go out alone or in company and great in all traffic. Very well schooled on the flat, works in a lovely outline and has a good jump on her, has done well at local shows (XC, SJ, dressage). Affectionate cheeky personality, loves cuddles and grooming. Happy to live in or out. Great feet, currently barefoot and comfortable. Teeth back and vacs up to date. Comes with full wardrobe and custom made tack, all barely used. Free to good home :D

Heavyweight 14.2hh lots of bone and feather. Safe to hack in the heaviest of traffic and school. Suitable for Novice. Great for vet and farrier and to handle on the ground. Loves attention and cuddles. Basically a dope on a rope with a little bit of get up and go . Free made to measure saddle. :D

13"2 bright chestnut gelding with flaxen mane and tail who is forward going and loves to jump. Enjoys hacking out both alone and incompany. Good for vet/farrier/box/dentist. Well mannered although cheeky.

Would also love a Haffie as they are yummy... and although above would be my ideal... I wouldnt swap madam for anything :D

What a good idea - I write these ads in my head all time :eek:

6 - 10 years old, 15 hands medium weight cob, dapple grey (do cobs come in dapple grey? and I 'm not too bothered about colour really!). Steady eddie - snaffle mouthed, suitable for a novice, good to hack alone or in company, not bothered by dogs or traffic. Doesn't have to be well schooled but should enjoy schooling. Well mannered on ground. Likes cuddles. Happy living in.

Aah - I can only dream - one day! :D

A well built, stocky friesian 15.3 - 15.3 with plenty of bone & feather, long mane and tail to be white in colour & impossible to get dirty. Must be bombproof and bullet proof; unbreakable. Must sparkle in the sunshine. Must love to gallop but have good breaks.

Must whinny when sees owner and be able to 'speak' through body language, much like Lassie.

Unicorn preferable.

(Basically what I forever dreamed of having as a very young child... maybe I was in to too much horse fantasy?!)

A well built, stocky friesian 15.3 - 15.3 with plenty of bone & feather, long mane and tail to be white in colour & impossible to get dirty. Must be bombproof and bullet proof; unbreakable. Must sparkle in the sunshine. Must love to gallop but have good breaks.

Must whinny when sees owner and be able to 'speak' through body language, much like Lassie.

Unicorn preferable.

(Basically what I forever dreamed of having as a very young child... maybe I was in to too much horse fantasy?!)

Oh Me Too.....

Unicorn preferable.

Yep, I think you've pretty much written mine, although mine would be

'Winged horse preferable'

LOL!!!! :D

Oh love this game! Notice everyone wants very similar things!

6 - 8yo, 15hh - 16hh, middle-weight mare that needs bringing on, but shows kindness, intelligence and talent. A welsh cross or a Fresian (yummy!! Just love them cos they're pretty!!). Proven jumper and cross country, reasonably forward going. Needs to be able to live out but be fine stabled. Crucially a good tempered horse good living out with others and not too mareish or hot-headed. Should be able to work barefoot and with nice paces, good with trimmer, good travelling (etc etc).

Might be interested in Trec so a good all-rounder and good hacking alone and in company.

Ooooo making we want to buy another one... quick someone stop me reaching for the horsemart bookmark button!!

xx

newrider.com