Yard move went without a hitch :)

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
I've only moved her round the corner and half a mile up the road, but being without a car (see my Lorries thread) and having committed to have lunch at my elderly dad's I was in a proper schmozzle.

However thanks to four of my good friends, she was moved almost without issue, and without any input from me, but blotted her copybook when the rain started, 50 yards from the new place.

One friend rode her while two walked either side of her while another followed in her car to keep any idiots getting too close. She behaved beautifully until a sudden shower happened, and she started swinging her back end away from the rain and sidling across the road, so she dismounted and they led her the rest of the way.

When I got to the new yard she was installed in her new stable, slightly nervous but mainly OK. I got her some hay and water, wormed and fed her and left her all snug and settled.

She'll be turned out in a field of her own tomorrow, where she'll gradually get to know the other mares, then they'll take down the electric fencing on Friday and let her mingle with her new friends.

Sounds like she`ll settle wuite quickly all being well. Coby isn`t keen on the rain either, and always likes to swing his bum into it, regardless of what were doing :giggle:

Hope you`re not too sore and you get a new car sorted out soon.

I'm trying to be patient waiting for the hire car to arrive (I have to be here as they won't deliver to the yard and OH isn't permitted to take delivery) so I can go and see my baby and clear out the rest of her stuff from the old yard - where does it all come from???!!!!

Still waiting for the car :( but nipped up to yard to sort her out.

She had a good night, and as her stable is next to the kitchen and the key to the tack shed's kept in there she's had loads of human attention, and they all love her.

I took her straight to the field before mucking out and she was on her toes all the way down. Luckily the YO walked down with me so there was no hassle getting the gate open. She didn't even wait to have her headcollar off before she galloped off down the field with it still on her nose, so I had to follow her in to collect it.

She was strutting her stuff to the geldings in the next field, and they in turn started bucking, rearing and playfighting to impress her.

I've had to come home to wait for the car so my stuff will have to stop where it is for another few hours.

newrider.com