Your Horse Live

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Went yesterday. I haven't been for a couple of years (they go by so quickly!!) and I took a lady - well, she's actually the mum of my friend and RI - who's around the same age as me and hadn't been before. As I have been loads of times and know the layout she was delighted to be given the full "tour" and I enjoyed seeing it through fresh eyes. We actually went as part of a group from the yard but we wanted to get there earlier so met up with them later, but we primarily did our own thang! We did a couple of demo's in the small arena but as I wasn't particularly interested in seeing anyone in the main arena she went off with the rest of the yard lot to watch the Geoff Billington one whilst I frequented the Your Horse subscriber lounge for a sit-down and a complementary cup of green tea!

As there isn't really anything I need I took £100 in cash, but still came home with half of it. Best bargains were a bright orange fleece and a padded gilet - on a two for £20 offer (my hi-viz is all orange!) and two sets of LeMieux mesh bandages that were in the sale for a mere £1 and pair! :eek: £4 for eight then :D

Nice day out as usual :)

Reactions: Ruskii and Jessey
I went yesterday too. We had Standard Plus ticketside do got to see all 3 main demo's - all different, but all enjoyable. Charlotte Durjardin was brilliant.

I got 2 saddlepads, comfort bridle, hay ball (like a nut ball but for hay), pair of breeches, high vis neckband and gilet.

Always love YHL :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I went yesterday too. We had Standard Plus ticketside do got to see all 3 main demo's - all different, but all enjoyable. Charlotte Durjardin was brilliant.

I got 2 saddlepads, comfort bridle, hay ball (like a nut ball but for hay), pair of breeches, high vis neckband and gilet.

I'll be interested to hear how the hay ball works :)

I didn't go this year, I love the shopping but I really don't need anything and I will just buy things because they are a bargain - its not really a bargain if you don't need it though :rolleyes:

I'd like to know how you get on with the hay ball too.......

I went as I go every year but missed it last year due to being in Iraq.

Loved it again this year. OH gives me my Christmas money and I get to just go mad and I did:

Boot Bag
Spurs and spurs guards
Tail guard
Breeches
3 x gloves (1 x winter and 2 x everyday)
Hat
2 x le meleux saddles clothes (one white, one mustard)
set of 4 Le Meleux bandages (mustard)
Prolite girth
Brown reins for jump bridle
Stir leathers for dressage saddle
Tie up points for trailer
A handbag with butterflies on for me:)
Clothing bag and travel bag set
socks

Had a great day out.

newrider.com