Your thoughts on this video

It's Paul Williamn AKA 'Endospink' of Hybrid Horsemanship. The laying out of the horse is TAPing - the bow is the 'Half-Tap'. TAPing is an extreme way of getting a horse so submit when his behaviour is highly dangerous. And only for trainers/professionals to do. I don't know what I think of it really, but it's not for ordinary people with normal horses, so it's not really relevant to most of us. I guess if the next step is the meatman it would be worth a try? He seems to get results.

It's Paul Williamn AKA 'Endospink' of Hybrid Horsemanship. The laying out of the horse is TAPing - the bow is the 'Half-Tap'. TAPing is an extreme way of getting a horse so submit when his behaviour is highly dangerous. And only for trainers/professionals to do. I don't know what I think of it really, but it's not for ordinary people with normal horses, so it's not really relevant to most of us. I guess if the next step is the meatman it would be worth a try? He seems to get results.

This. Seen him before. If you don't understand why/what he's doing or know the horse's history, he seems a bit extreme. But the horses he works with are extreme in their behaviour usually.

But some of the comments at the bottom are hilarious....and sad!! ;)

Oh my God, you ain't kidding!

This has been discussed a lot on other sites. I think the basis is that it works on the vardis (sp?) nerve. There is the full tap and the half tap apparently. Yes these are extreme measures and yes it may save the horse from the meat man for a while. He mostly works with racehorses in Japan I believe, but as there is a market for horse meat in Japan sooner or later that is their fate anyway. Having once somehow managed to trap my vardis nerve (it is in the neck) I would not say it is particularly pleasant. I felt like I could not breath and it was incredibly painful. There may be a place for this in a medical emergency but as a training tool I find it doubtful to say the least.

But if you put vids and explanations up on youtube there are going to be people out there who are going to "give it a try", the consequences don't bare thinking about!

what exactly is he doing? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Is he pulling back on the rein and bit?

I had a lot of trouble deciding on how he managed to get the horse to end up on her side, still none the wiser, but he must have had some strength to do that, having seen how a horse can drag 3 people across a yard :unsure:

newrider.com