Ziggy's hacking diary - pics!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Haway there chums, Ziggy here.

Well, she's at it again. She turned up at sparrowfart this morning muttering something about "too late for the 5:30am club" and I was tacked up and out of there before I'd even had my breakfast. I tried walking r e a l l y s l o w l y but no good, whenever I did she made me trot, so I stepped out in the end.

We went all over this morning.

Up the gully (she keeps weebling "Remember the Force Luke"):

Nice shady bit where she got me to drop my head and walk all proper. Wouldn't do it for long though!

Past this scary barrow thing, last time we went to school she and the teacher lady were blabbing about leggy eels or something which seems to mean walking sideways. When I see this barrow thing I show her I can walk sideways right enough. Mean Mum made me stop so she could take its picture. Got a grass nut for being brave though.

Then we went on a new bit of ride. Mum says it's good for me to go to new places. This one was full of young beans with those shells on their backs like snails. I saw some other horses being really scared of them, but I've seen loads of them now, they don't bother me.

Nice tracks though:

And on this shady bit Mum said we should canter, but I said it was a bit scary for a canter the first time we rode up it, so we trotted instead:

Then we headed for home past where I go to school sometimes. The path there is really stony and I told Mum it hurt my tootsies, so she hopped off and led me for a bit. I always like that.

Last chance for a little canter: Mum didn't used to canter on the way home because I would rush rush rush, but now I'm fat and chilled and she feels safer. So do I.

And we stopped at the top to admire the view before going home for breakfast:

Then - can you believe it? - she put me in the starvation paddock!!!! There's no justice :stomp:

Looks and sounds like a fantastic hack Ziggy. Love the way you are flicking your ear back to listen to your mum in the last earshot. Fancy her putting you in the starvation paddock after you hung on her every word!

Lovely pics and great hacking..........whats the animals with 'shells on their backs' though lol, couldn't work that one out being BLONDE and SENILE:biggrin:

newrider.com