2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

3 mile hack this afternoon. One which I left in glorious sunshine & it proceeded to hail and sleet until we got home ...!

eN0KBle.jpg

GvcF1DU.jpg

2018 totals so far:

Distance hacking: 48 miles

Schooling: 12 hours 15 minutes

Groundwork: 4 hours 50 minutes

Busy but boring few weeks at camp Cow! Horrible weather has means no pics (i dont dare get my phone out when it feels like my fingers are going to fall off!) and still stuck in the school all week after work. Have hacked both days both weekends, mostly on the road routes as everything else is so WET!!! Argh!!

We do have some brand new plain white poles though, so have been using those on the non-cloudy nights. The joys of having no lights...

Total:
Time in saddle not hacking: 20hrs 30 mins
Hacking : 40 miles, 9hrs 10 mins

Sonny unmounted 21.75 hours.

OMG monster horse this am
Ice is gone no puddled water to speak of
The ground is soft but not horrible mud.

Played at first on grass near my ring he became a monster
so I had to bring him to the little cavaletti pen I did not want him to pull loose from me.

IMG_7383.JPG
He got in the pen rolled and all hell broke loose
he really needed to blow it out and finally did settle down after 45 minutes of insane silly ness
He did tear up the pen even some spots in the wood chip edge that I did re rake but it needs to be a bit deeper in wood chips
Then we had a really nice quiet session.

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7410.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

Its pretty but It always makes me a bit nervous

We should have a decent week and lots more play yea.

I am starting to get out a wee bit ..yeah..weather permitting lol
I went for a hack last Thursday for 30 mins and then got out this morning for another quick 30 min hack. All was well and no dramas apart from one tiny silly spook. The sun shone too which was an added bonus
Ridden 2hrs

Really good play yesterday.
No really silly boy antics.

Sonny unmounted 23.75 hours.

Ground was frozen but front yard grass is a bit cushiony so
it was good play there without chopping it up.
Then the little cav rd pen was good too.

The sun was really nice.
IMG_7604.JPG

When I went back over with him later Virginia's horse Tobias was very cute.
He was dead sound asleep in the sun.
IMG_7623.JPG

WE were due possible freezing rain patch this am but it seems to have gone south of us yea.
WE are due sun and 40's later so that will be nice if things don't soften too quick and get muddy.

Sonny unmounted 24.00 hours.

Very short low key play yesterday.
Just did a little in Virginias open area then let him have some nibbles by her pond.

The ground had softened a lot so playing in the front yard would have chopped things up.
Rain went thru last nite and really heavy fog right now. They say it will go to 50f today.

Sonny un mounted 25.00 hours.

Good play lots of trotting yesterday.
Today may not clear and farrier is coming
Early today but at least it's NOT WHITE.
Tomorrow will be clear and a bit colder but wet heavy snow coming Saturday nite but SUNDAY is supposed to be clear and warmer and WOO HOO possibly hitting 60 Tues and Wed. I do hope so.
Maybe spring is Coming .

The sun came out :D Another cold day but we had blue skies and sunshine :)
Just another quick hack down the road for 30 mins.
He was spooky today :rolleyes: but I didn't let it bother me, I just kept my leg on and rode him forward and I enjoyed every bit of it :D
I then turned them both out without their rugs on for the first this year , I will pop their rugs on again later.
20180216_resize.jpg

Ridden 2hrs 30 mins

Prj had 25 mins in the school today first five minutes to let him explode, i could tell leading him he really wanted to jump 50ft in the air (thats how high it looks to me haha) so let him loose and he got it out of his system then he had 20 mins each way on the lunge in just walk as he was breathing so heavy from his five minutes of galloping round and jumping in the air lol! Havent got a total for times etc! I am however penning my miles down as mainly keeping track of them :) no hacking unfortunately as all our tracks are the bottom of the hills and currently about 4 inches in water. He also got some rugless time in the field while i did some field jobs :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 2
Prj had 25 mins in the school today first five minutes to let him explode, i could tell leading him he really wanted to jump 50ft in the air (thats how high it looks to me haha) so let him loose and he got it out of his system

They are so pretty when to watch when they blow it out.;)

2 schooling sessions this week of 1.5 hours & a just over 3 mile hack this morning - in beautiful sunshine!

Your trail looks awesome!@!!:)

Reactions: Prjsmk
Sonny un mounted 26.25hours.

For a coldish day
yesterday it really was lovely out a real calm before the storm awesome blue sky. The footing was good
to not chop things up out in the front yard.

Got a lot of fun play in the yard and did lots of trot in the little cavaletti pen too the footing in there was really super and I did not know what the overnite snow was going to bring today.
Tobias Virginias horse was galloping all about when I was walking Sonny back over.

OVERNIGHT has brought about
6 inches snow but its stopped and its supposed to clear and be sunny all day and warm to low 40's

Now that its getting more light out the snow is very
much a WINTER WONDERLAND look that I can appreciate since its not a horrible amount of snow..

Play should be fun today

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

20 mins on the lunge in walk for the cob today, kept him in walk as hes got a little poorly on his leg and was obviously playing the "my legs hanging off" card untill he was let back in his field and all of a sudden he was jumping round like a mental case, galloping all over and squealing... Pfffft! Was a warm day too! Spent a couple of hours picking poops! Trying to clear the field but on the really pouring rain days i cant do anything as cant get the baroow through the mud so it keeps piling up again! 8 barrows done! I was sweating! Cob enjoyed naked time too, rolled in the wettest mud patch he could find! Luckily was dry and could brush it off by the time i left! I wont even jinx it and say it feels like spring today, no way am i saying that! ;) lol

Reactions: GaryB and joellie
newrider.com