Chloe is gone - one year on

Oh no. So sorry to read this. How are you and Mr Trews today?
Well done for making her last moments peaceful and stress free with her two favourite people along side her

Reactions: Trewsers
Thank you all again. Today has been so hard, I see her everywhere about the place. I'm okay for a while and then it comes over me. She's all around me I know. I saw her bananas on the side. Then her gingernut biscuits. We just keep telling ourselves how peacefully she left this earth and how lucky we were to have been with her. I can't believe how much happiness she gave us.

Thank you all again. Today has been so hard, I see her everywhere about the place. I'm okay for a while and then it comes over me. She's all around me I know. I saw her bananas on the side. Then her gingernut biscuits. We just keep telling ourselves how peacefully she left this earth and how lucky we were to have been with her. I can't believe how much happiness she gave us.
i still see kim poodle everywhere . It gets better, slowly, but it's really hard at first

• Sad
i still see kim poodle everywhere . It gets better, slowly, but it's really hard at first
I know it will get better, but today was still raw. Looked out when I did the washing up this morning, expecting to see her face hanging out over her door. And I keep closing gates thinking she's behind them, shut the top gate this morning for no good reason.

I know it will get better, but today was still raw. Looked out when I did the washing up this morning, expecting to see her face hanging out over her door. And I keep closing gates thinking she's behind them, shut the top gate this morning for no good reason.
i know it's daft things like that, finding her rug, passport. I know i rehomed Fleur voluntarily but for weeks after I really grieved her going, kept seeing her in the field. I dread Buddy.

The grief dulls but never goes completely. But I find now that I'm full of gratitude for the privilege of having such a brilliant little horse for so long. Also, comfort yourself with the knowledge that you gave her a wonderful, long life, with the love she deserved.

Thank you all, such comforting words. Today still felt odd taking just two breakfast bowls out there. And of course nobody peeping out the door. But I was thinking last night about all the times she made us laugh in her quiet (sometimes clumsy) way. And I feel so lucky to have had her in our life. She's earned that long sleep, when I think over the years what she's put up with, she was not only companion but truly my therapy horse. She saved me from many full blown panic attacks and soothed mr trews on more than one occasion.

The thread everyone dreads typing. Our beautiful old girl passed away this afternoon. RIP beautiful cob. We will miss you. She went down in the byre and couldn't get up, it was time. She's been getting older and stiffer but I am still shocked as this morning she came trotting back up the yard for her second breakfast. I was booked in at the dentist and just about to set off. I wondered where mr trews was. He was in the byre trying to help her up. But she wasn't going to make it we both knew. Vet came, we had a bit of a wait. It was very peaceful, he laid with her whilst she went and I was there too. She knew we were there and wasn't distressed, it couldn't have been better really. I feel very drained and shocked. Can't believe it really. It's going to feel like a very empty yard without her.
So sorry for your loss, that she knew you were there and loved her was a gift. 💞

Thank you all again. It's a week since she passed away. Can't believe it. Last week went in a sort of blur at times. Yard feels quiet, I know it won't ever be the same again. I'm going to scatter some wild flower seeds on her grave later this week. I still haven't moved her head collar and leadrope, it's hanging where I hung it for the last time last week. I'll get to it eventually. There's no rush.

Thank you all again. It's a week since she passed away. Can't believe it. Last week went in a sort of blur at times. Yard feels quiet, I know it won't ever be the same again. I'm going to scatter some wild flower seeds on her grave later this week. I still haven't moved her head collar and leadrope, it's hanging where I hung it for the last time last week. I'll get to it eventually. There's no rush.
A week is no time at all, as you say there is no rush… ((hugs))

Its six months since i lost Abbey. Shes buried in the field on part of the track the horses are grazing currently so when ever im poo picking near her i talk to her. Somedays i just say hi. I got all upset last night telling her that Floss will be joining her very soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
It will be a year in August since I lost Ben. His trunk now sits in my garden will all his stuff untouched. I haven’t opened it since I brought it home. Grief is different for everyone but for me it is very deep and still so raw. Look after yourself and do what is right for you. Your love for Chloe was immense and it’s going to take time to process that she is gone. Thinking of you.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
A whole year has gone by since our beautiful old Chloe passed away. I think of her every single day, she's the last thing I see at night on my phone at night and the first thing on my wall (thanks to @Kite_Rider ). I thought mr trews and me would never recover, it felt so bleak a year ago. There's still a huge Chloe shaped hole in our lives, but we now regularly have a laugh about her ways and I can just about bring myself to open her rug bag, though I found her fly rug this morning as I was digging Zi's out, which upset me a bit. I hope you're having a the beautiful rest you deserve sweet girl.xxxxx

newrider.com