Chloe is gone - one year on

It really doesn’t feel like a year does it ((hugs)) I’m glad you both have happy/funny memories now and hope that one day they might be more frequent than the sad ones x

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
So difficult. I deliberately dont remember any dates (yes, birthdays catch me by surprise every year) but I do understand.

I still can't even say my darling wee dog's name out loud. Nope. And I don't look at any old photos. I just can't. It is like giving myself misery.

• Sad
Reactions: carthorse
So difficult. I deliberately dont remember any dates (yes, birthdays catch me by surprise every year) but I do understand.

I still can't even say my darling wee dog's name out loud. Nope. And I don't look at any old photos. I just can't. It is like giving myself misery.
I think it's because it is so close to the longest day and Mr trews and me always remember that, because it's when we moved into our first home together back in 1994 and then moved up here in 2016. A lot happening around the same date. I hope one day you will be able to look at pictures of your dog x

A whole year has gone by since our beautiful old Chloe passed away. I think of her every single day, she's the last thing I see at night on my phone at night and the first thing on my wall (thanks to @Kite_Rider ). I thought mr trews and me would never recover, it felt so bleak a year ago. There's still a huge Chloe shaped hole in our lives, but we now regularly have a laugh about her ways and I can just about bring myself to open her rug bag, though I found her fly rug this morning as I was digging Zi's out, which upset me a bit. I hope you're having a the beautiful rest you deserve sweet girl.xxxxx
That hole doesn't go, it just softens round the edges. 4 years and I still haven't taken Ramsey's bedding out. I'm sure she's met Ramsey and all the other beauties in those sunny meadows. 🌈🐎

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com