Confidence is a Funny Thing

Although FM I have to say doing a running plait in her mane has worked wonders for stopping it turning into dreads!

We don't even bother doing a running plait at this time of the year. My hands would be black by the time I get to the end. He gets a tuft of hair at his withers tied in a pony tail out of the way of his saddle and a pony tail for his forelock. The rest can do whatever it wants until it snows - then i'll start mane training again (to get it all on the left side)
I've also got a huge job of going down one side of our field burr removing so as not to have the same train wreck hairdos as last year.

Lovely post FM - full of positivity and confidence - and even MORE readable because of piccys of himself!:inlove: Who would have thought eh?........alone, not a foot soldier in sight..........45 minutes.........:dance::dance:

I was really worried when I opened this post but it great you are doing so well. Flippo is still amazing and you are proving those horrid people so wrong and we are all so proud.

I am not sure how he gets so dirty. My field is a mud pit and Chanters field mate comes in looking like a dark bay (he is gray) yet my lad comes in with may be a bit of mud on his knees from laying down.

Field mate says that she is ashamed to ride out with us.....

Well done! Flip manages to look gorgeous even when dirty :giggle:

I think you just may have inspired me to go for a bit of a hack this weekend.... stay tuned.....

Well done, you!
What a feeling............:dance:

And as for the fabulous hunkmeister Flipo - what's a bit of mud here and there? Heart warming news. We all have our ups and downs. All we have to do is recall the ups to keep us going through the downs.

:dance::dance::dance:

Brilliant! :dance:

I've definitely managed to convince myself that the butterflies I get on the way to the yard when I am riding Jack are excitement rather than nerves these days. I'm still not 100% but the more I ride and get used to him, the better I feel.... it really IS "hours in the saddle" isn't it?

The other thing I've learned is that confidence comes in waves and what felt good one day, mightn't necessarily feel as good the next - and NOT to see this as a setback and feel crushed, but just to take it a day at a time as all may be rosy again the day after that.

Wow! what a beautiful horse you have =)

I'm a nervous rider and it's so encouraging to read your post. Can't wait to hear about your next outing. I wish we had a CASTLE to ride to. How exciting.

Oh well done!! I honestly think that these spur of the moment decisions are the best way to build confidence so that you dont have time to think about it.
Absolutely fantastic. I love reading posts like this and Flipo is looking as handsome as ever!

Am so so pleased! Think it is all hours on the clock. Well done you, hope it all continues to improve and I just know it will!

Such a great post!!! I've followed your story for a long tine and its amazing how far you've come. I remember way back when, when you were having troubles getting him to stand for the farrier. Doesn't that seem like forever ago now? That's because you've come SO FAR!!! :playfull:

WOW! What a great post and an even greater achievement FM! Really, really chuffed to pieces for ya :wink:

As for the bog pony, well natural is best eh? My boy is now among the stable-kept horses but he spends most of his daily turnout rolling in a huge muddy bog in a corner of his field so he's holding onto his mucky field pony image :wink:

Love the pics - and just soooooooooo pleased for you xx

well done you, i hope Sasa is reading this.

the great thing about these comtois bog ponies is their nature, they are very very unflappable and also they tend not to be very fast on their feet so you don't really feel that they are going to suddenly dump you. When Sasa was out in the field and the others were galloping around and having a buck, she would be walking on behind - i mean why get out of puff for no reason and burn a few calories.

I imagine Flipo is similar, getting worked up is just a bit too hard work.

Congrats hun, seriously well done. It is so hard to face those nerves sometimes, but amazing when you do.

Sometimes I get off and feel like I have conquered the world!

Thats a sturdy little bugger. Nice to see that it is not just mine that are covered in gutters.

newrider.com