Doing it all wrong

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Mostly I am a person who does things the right way, because if there is any possible way for things to go wrong, they usually do for me. BUT, in a moment of madness I am doing none of those things.

Monkey has been feeling his feet a little recently, he's fine on grass, sand and gravel tracks, but gets a little short on the roads or really hard packed stoney tracks, so I decided I want some boots for him, especially with an adventure coming up in 4 weeks! So without much thought (wrong!), limited research (wrong!) and I measured him at the very end of his trim cycle and guesstimated size (so so wrong!), I have just ordered him some scoot boots! blinking heck, I hope they fit! 😬😬

Last edited:
Reactions: MrC
Mostly I am a person who does things the right way, because if there is any possible way for things to go wrong, they usually do for me. BUT, in a moment of madness I am doing none of those things.

Monkey has been feeling his feet a little recently, he's fine on grass, sand and gravel tracks, but gets a little short on the roads or really hard packed stoney tracks, so I decided I want some boots for him, especially with an adventure coming up in 4 weeks! So without much thought (wrong!), limited research (wrong!) and I measured him at the very end of his trim cycle and guesstimated size (so so wrong!), I have just ordered him some scoot boots! blinking heck, I hope they fit! 😬😬
Great minds can’t be just ordered Faran some scoot boot shells to try on to see what size he is for scoots 😁😁😁

He’s the same feeling his feet due to the amount of work he’s in to keep those pounds from piling on

Reactions: Jessey
I have just sent all the requested photos to the boutique. Measured again with the stiff tape.

She's currently in two styles, sourced by me.
I did research = she needs some boots.
What boots will fit =She's the wrong size and shape, flare, wasn't been trimmed every six weeks, wasn't trimmed by a bf trimmer.
I got it wrong initially, - too big but we had a poultice on.
Kept those in case and just dropped down a size.

Reactions: Jessey and MrC
I did this all before with Jess, before fit kits were a thing. Jess’ boots won’t go anywhere near his feet though so I’m just crossing my fingers they fit 🤞 will know more tomorrow once he’s had a trim!

I did this all before with Jess, before fit kits were a thing. Jess’ boots won’t go anywhere near his feet though so I’m just crossing my fingers they fit 🤞 will know more tomorrow once he’s had a trim!
It used to only be the Gloves that needed the fit kit.
But then they brought out ones that were dependant on the heel bulb for fit.
Scoot don't go big enough for us.

I did my glove’s without a fit kit too, renegades, cavallo, boa’s, scoots and equine fusions, I don’t think I got any right the first time 😬

I find the shell's often fit differently to the actual boots so would just order some boots to try next time too!

Have you ordered Scoots or the Scoot Enduro? X

Reactions: Jessey and MrC
What size did you order @Jessey 👀 I got 6/7/8 regular to try. These are Farans measurements that I sent to the boot store. These are four weeks post trim.

View attachment 118920View attachment 118921View attachment 118922View attachment 118923View attachment 118924View attachment 118925
I went for a 5, he’s about 130 long by 135 wide ish 🤞

I find the shell's often fit differently to the actual boots so would just order some boots to try next time too!

Have you ordered Scoots or the Scoot Enduro? X
I went for the standard scoots, the enduros look great but I wanted something as simple as possible so hopefully these will work without mud straps.

My doing it all wrong was to set off yesterday for very short check if sound in walk with just the one boot!
I do have two but they are not a matching pair.

@MrC how long did it take them to suggest boots for yours? I had to wait for the farrier to come before I could get the photos.

My doing it all wrong was to set off yesterday for very short check if sound in walk with just the one boot!
I do have two but they are not a matching pair.

@MrC how long did it take them to suggest boots for yours? I had to wait for the farrier to come before I could get the photos.

I took those photos 4weeks after the farrier as I wanted a bit of wiggle room as I trim him myself in between visits so this was in the middle as he’s in an 8 weeks cycle 🙂 I sent them the pics and they suggested those sizes later in the day and I ordered them the next day.

My shells arrived today so I’ll share pics later 🙂

Farrier trimmed Monkey this morning, and my guesstimate was about right so hopefully 🤞 we’ll be at least close with fit.
IMG_7620.jpegIMG_7621.jpegIMG_7626.jpegIMG_7627.jpeg

Just tried the shells on.

6 was too tight

7 seems to be his size, didn’t twist, stayed on when I walked him in it etc

8 was good but twisted and fell off when I walked him in it.

Pics and vids

IMG_9865.jpegIMG_9864.jpegIMG_9863.jpegIMG_9861.jpeg

That looks great! Were the 6s tight all over or in specific spots? How far are you through a trim cycle now?

He is four weeks through his 8week cycle. I rasp his feet to keep them in line so they shouldn’t get much bigger than they are now.

The six was really hard to get on and was very wide at the front, so they were stretched. They were very tight at the sides so definitely not for him, I feel they would have rubbed him. Also bloody murder to get off 😅

Okay having a bit of fed up day. Moan post.

I have finally managed to get a recommendation from the company I used three months after my initial enquiry. (one of the reasons I just went out and bought what I saw secondhand) 🤦‍♀️

She's not going to be easy to fit - I know that's why I am asking you.

My photos weren't clear, really?

Might want to change to a trimmer, change the farrier yes. Trimmer undecided as before they weren't in the area as not enough using, got messed about.

I feel as if our face didn't "fit", or at least her hooves didn't.

We've ordered one boot as both not in stock. I will trawl later to find the other.

newrider.com