Doing it all wrong

Glad they’re working for you, also glad to see I’m not the only one that had to keep looking down to check they’re still where they are meant to be 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MrC
The scoots worked well this weekend, but not flawlessly. I didn’t put them on for the whole ride, but for about the last 8 miles on Friday, the full 6 miles on Saturday and they went about 10 miles on Sunday.
They work well under normal conditions, but I noticed when I asked him to really lift and reach in trot he catches the hind feet on the boots, like they’re slowing his break over. On Sunday this resulted in the loss of a boot! Thankfully we saw it go as it flung into the ferns, we’d never have found it later.
At this point I also found a tiny sore, right in the center of the T on the heel - I thought they sat a bit snug there, but hadn’t seen any signs of rubbing until now. I think I’ll either have to stretch the heel straps or go to a different boot, I thought he might end up with renegades because of his huge digital cushion.

Mine so far have been okay.
I did have a few weeks where they hard to get on, put that down to her growth and then being new.
Farrier been and now the size 6 sounds lose so will try the 5.
Her heel on that one foot is under run though, so I expected to need different sizes.

The scoot are such a snug fit would be have caught himself without them?

Mine so far have been okay.
I did have a few weeks where they hard to get on, put that down to her growth and then being new.
Farrier been and now the size 6 sounds lose so will try the 5.
Her heel on that one foot is under run though, so I expected to need different sizes.

The scoot are such a snug fit would be have caught himself without them?
No def not, it was rubbed to the point of being very red but not bleeding. It was right under the back strap - exactly where I was concerned they might be too tight. TBH I think the strap over the heel may also have rubbed a bit, there was nothing there on the day but last night I noticed some slightly scabby skin in straight lines over the lateral cartlidge - I'm not completely decided, but I think I will be changing them out for Renegades, as they offer more adjustment and he has really well developed digital cushion which is obviously too high for the scoots.
IMG_7933.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7933.jpeg
    IMG_7933.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Interesting, I was just giving these a clean up to sell on as I wasn’t entirely happy with them, ok for normal riding but the moment I asked for real engagement I could hear him catching them and then one came off on our last big ride and also the rubbing which I just can’t see a way around. But I can now see where he was catching one of them
IMG_8641.jpeg
Which turns out is exactly where I was originally concerned about
IMG_8640.jpeg
I don’t know which foot it was on as they aren’t handed and I can’t remember which one came off. Not decided what I’ll try next, but tbh he hasn’t needed them so I may not worry for a while.

I bought a pair for Sapphire tried on, just didn't like all the faff of getting them on, so going to sell mine as well given she isn't going to be ridden. Was going to see if they might fit Buddy, but they are such a pain to get the straps across I find the Cavello much easier to use

I find the scoots incredibly easy to get on/off, once the straps have softened, easier than cavallos. But none of them are hard once you get the knack.

Reactions: MrC
Mine aren't left or right specific, but I am using them that way.
Getting on and off is easy one you and your horse get into a routine. She lifts up the hoof so I can take them off as she knows I am going to be asking her.
For us getting the mud out of all the velcro is the only nuisance.

newrider.com