"I could weep" (this time with joy!)

I think he should be sainted! :D (he's working miracles)

Clava, quite seriously you should forward his name to the BHS county and regional committees - they have annual 'good guys' awards and it sounds as if he should certainly be put forward for one, looking at the before and after pics!

Congratulate yourself, too, for persistence and a job well done - we wouldn't be seeing those pics if you hadn't pushed and pushed for it!

Clava, quite seriously you should forward his name to the BHS county and regional committees - they have annual 'good guys' awards and it sounds as if he should certainly be put forward for one, looking at the before and after pics!

Congratulate yourself, too, for persistence and a job well done - we wouldn't be seeing those pics if you hadn't pushed and pushed for it!

I will look into putting him forward as a "good guy".

Sadly most of the lanes are still awful, but we are monitoring their restoration and any further damage. we have also organised a village meeting about their condition and will invite all interested parties. As you've said before, it is a long process but at least we've started.
Our little pressure group (S.O.B save our byways) hopes to have it's own website soon.

Well I am raising a little cheer for you in the east Clava. Councils can do it for the Ramblers so they can do it for the horseriders too, but as you say, it needs a lot of persistence.

Excellent news Clava.......... i read your other thread on how awful your riding was, and posted how our council here in Wilts were brill when i complained :)
Enjoy your new riding, and well done for putting up a fight.........RESULT:):)

Oh yes!!!. I have gallopped up there so many times from the age of about 10 til thirty something when they took back the keys and stopped riders going up it. There is a lady trying to get it reopened but I'm not optamistic, such a shame it made a breath taking ride (even did it in the snow once and bareback once...happy days.....:D)

newrider.com