So it's APRIL - Spring Chat

I think I would turn that into the loafing area, since they seem to have taken a shine to it.
I am going to try and do that with a spot I have that she's naturally using to snooze.

He had a relapse and now it’s in the other foot.

I definitely think it’s concussion laminitis for it to be switching feet and also not having any metabolic basis
Sorry to read this.
We had chronic in one but the other was weight bearing. Not metabolic either it was the infection.

Could it be a bruise or brewing an abscesses as well maybe?

Reactions: MrC
He had a relapse and now it’s in the other foot.

I definitely think it’s concussion laminitis for it to be switching feet and also not having any metabolic basis
Aw poor lad, bucket loads of vibes he’s keeps improving x

Sorry to read this.
We had chronic in one but the other was weight bearing. Not metabolic either it was the infection.

Could it be a bruise or brewing an abscesses as well maybe?

It started off as sole bruising then just seemed to turn into laminitis. No idea what happened really as he was fine one minute then lame the next. We are on our second set of X-rays and third shoeing with heart bars so we will see how we go. He was back in work then randomly went lame in the other foot with the same thing 🧐 so just need to start the fittening and turnout regime slowly all over again

It started off as sole bruising then just seemed to turn into laminitis. No idea what happened really as he was fine one minute then lame the next. We are on our second set of X-rays and third shoeing with heart bars so we will see how we go. He was back in work then randomly went lame in the other foot with the same thing 🧐 so just need to start the fittening and turnout regime slowly all over again

I watch her like a hawk if she gets a bruise. She's had a bit of a bruise where the old growth meets the new growth. But I can only actually see that on the white hooves.

Every day is a school day with horses. Today's lesson was -

Don't buy your baby horse a nice new halter and then go to catch baby horse with nice new halter. Because baby horse will see nice new halter and be unreasonably alarmed by it's colour? smell? ...whatever ... and then insist on maintaining a 12' exclusion zone, while snorting at nice new halter. Until older horse (who can sometimes be a nob) decides to incite galloping up and down the field.

Every day is a school day with horses. Today's lesson was -

Don't buy your baby horse a nice new halter and then go to catch baby horse with nice new halter. Because baby horse will see nice new halter and be unreasonably alarmed by it's colour? smell? ...whatever ... and then insist on maintaining a 12' exclusion zone, while snorting at nice new halter. Until older horse (who can sometimes be a nob) decides to incite galloping up and down the field.
Maybe you needed to cover it in mud first. 😂
Though mine has an inbuilt "I know what you are planning" radar. It sits with the "don't try and pull the wool over my eyes"

Moving house. Very stressed and over whelmed. I have finally found another but won't relax till I actually get there. No idea what all I have to think about 😵‍💫

Snow?!!! What!!!!

I just have a bog. Might swap with you for a change as hard ground would be lovely...

IMG-20240405-WA0012.jpg

Sadly it's not hard ground, it's wet slushy horrible wetness. They said it would miss us!

• Sad
Reactions: Tir
I think I have finally got my area to drain, it is the most stubborn water I have ever met.
No wonder the cob won't cross it, this water is on another level 😂

One thing I have noticed is not having a water source, I can move my tube around. Initially that was a serious pain in the butt, but we don't get a bog by the water as the water moves up and down the verge line depending on what paddock she's in.

DSC_0533.JPG

Todays weather is just crazy. Its very, very warm in the sun out the wind, but even the wind is warmish.

Hacked the morning and they were both in plod mode carrying way too much hair!

newrider.com