The Lottie Diaries

I think she does really well over those poles, considering they're meant to be trotting poles and she canters over them really easily. She's got a bit of high knee action going on there too hasn't she? It's lovely to see so much enthusiasm lol.

I think she does really well over those poles, considering they're meant to be trotting poles and she canters over them really easily. She's got a bit of high knee action going on there too hasn't she? It's lovely to see so much enthusiasm lol.

Me too, you have to rememer she's never done anything like this before but she tackles everything with so much enthusiasm and she is very clever so anything new I do with her she seems to do easily. It shows how good her brain is, that's how she keeps us safe out hunting. Yep high knees and very active behind too apparently if I could contain her and get her to come on the bit she'd score well in dressage because she naturally has really good big paces but I'm happy with how she is and definitly won't be a dressage with her. I think she's quite smart for a Irish unknown bred horse though.

Reactions: Bodshi
Throwback to the very first time I rode Lottie. Who knew what a huge part of our family she would become, we all love her so much, even the MIL! Happy Christmas to my sweet, kind, honest, funny, turbo charged, huge trotting, hedge hopping, ditch jumping legend of a pony Lottie Lionheart.

received_10212987354265799.jpeg

What or who is MIL???

Haha sorry text speak, mother in law! She plaits her up most weeks for me and her mum my gran in law likes loading her on the box, she's in her 80's but Lottie is very gentle with perfect manners. Even the father in law tells tales of Lottie hunting in the pub :p she has become quite the family pony.
My other half loves her as he knows she will keep me safe and she's like a big dog so he can easily handle her.
And then she has her own little fan club, where she's known as The Notorious I.B.P (Irish bog pony) who thought I was mad at first buying this scruffy Irish pony with no schooling but have come round to admire her huge paces, bravery and all round amazingness. I wish she could understand how loved she is!

@Bodshi my others halfs family are all lovely. I'm useless at plaiting so she takes pity on me lol. She used to have horses so is always interested.

@mystiquemalaika aww thank you we don't do much to follow in the terms of schooling and improving but we do have lots of hair raising fun!

Reactions: Bodshi
You can tell how small she really is in these photos. Yet today a 15.3hh and 16.1hh were cantering and not catching her in trot o_O freak of nature! The hedges she's jumps out hunting are bigger than her sometimes, some horse! I love her from the tips of her big ears right down to the soles of chunky hooves.

IMG_20171225_130936_742.jpg

IMG_20171225_125300_318.jpg

newrider.com