Weather tomorrow

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
I’m thinking of bringing Kia in at lunchtime to avoid the worst of this weather tomorrow.

Anyone else thinking of a duvet day???

No we are just forecast for windy.
Think it's warned for snow on Friday though.

Last edited:
We are forecast for heavy rain Thursday. Thinking of keeping him in and getting him clipped on Thursday as it’s to be wild both days.

He can go out am but I’m wanting to get him in and groomed so I can get it his remaininscabs to have a look. If they are cleared then I may be spared clipping but if not then the fluff has to go.

The weather is mad here - 11c today 9 tonight 13 tomorrow and then -1 tomorrow night

The weather is mad here - 11c today 9 tonight 13 tomorrow and then -1 tomorrow night
Its about that here, so Jess is naked today (no doubt getting muddy :p) I think the real feel for here is -5 tomorrow night :rolleyes:

I hope you guys don't suffer from the winds too much, we aren't getting much this end. I have just seen a snow fall prediction for Sunday, for everywhere but south of London (if you drew a line across there)

Reactions: GaryB
Same here, crazy.

I would love a duvet day but will be at work, oh hang on you mean horse,:rolleyes: nope Belle will be out as usual, but then she is a tough old girl. I keep looking at all the others rugged up and snuggly and feel a bit mean, but until she actually notices the bad weather she can stay out and naked.
If we hadn't got the shelter I would probably at least rug if not bring in but since she's got access to it I don't feel so bad her being out. We've snow predicted for Saturday here with 'feels like' -5 I hate snow so hope it's not too bad.
All of you 'up north' take care, wrap up warm and stay safe :)

Reactions: GaryB
Yep well Kia came in about an hour ago, wind isn’t too bad and neither is rain but I’ve decided to clip him so I want him in to dry off so I can scrape the muck off of him to meals it easier for my clippers tomorrow.

I’m going to do an update thread on his condition. If anyone is interested :)

It's set to hit 75 in the village. Up here will be worse as we are higher so none of ours will be wandering even the yard. They'll be tucked up in the byre like last year when we had gales. It really isn't safe and no matter how secure you think your slates are etc you can never be sure. Not worth the risk. They'll be given extra hay and water buckets and good deep clean beds and then when the strongest bits come I won't be going out there. I'm no good to any of them injured!! There will be some dips in wind speed so I'll no doubt venture out at some point in between to check on them. If it's anything like last year it will be very dark and very noisy. I've spent most of the day so far securing anything that looks like it might give trouble. The storm straps in the pig barn will be put to the test no doubt. I've just got to move a few bales into my garage for nets to tip onto the floor, I don't want to get caught out under the tin roof it really could get unsafe and we did lose some of it last winter.
Hope everyone stays safe.

How was last night @Trewsers and anyone else up far north ? I think we are to escape the worst of the storm but it's to get very windy with rain today and then the temps are set to really drop tonight with risk of snow tomorrow and over the weekend. I have caved in and put a rug on Marley for the first this year..he didn't get one on all last winter..i think I am probably just being a bit over protective now that I know he has cushings and don't want him to get a chill that could maybe develope into something else. @MrC hope your clipping goes well and you escape the worst of the storm.

Reactions: Trewsers and MrC
We have rain, my cob lives out all year round, no shelter but hes light weight rugged to keep him dry, hes always warm under it and behind his ears, always in the middle of the firld grazing so i assume hes ok. I personally hate any weather that isnt a heatwave lol

It's raining here for the first time in nearly 2 weeks, I want it to fill up my water butts in the field! I am hiding in the house, knitting a Christmas hat for my OH while he's away seeing his daughter and granddaughter in California :)

How was last night @Trewsers and anyone else up far north ? I think we are to escape the worst of the storm but it's to get very windy with rain today and then the temps are set to really drop tonight with risk of snow tomorrow and over the weekend. I have caved in and put a rug on Marley for the first this year..he didn't get one on all last winter..i think I am probably just being a bit over protective now that I know he has cushings and don't want him to get a chill that could maybe develope into something else. @MrC hope your clipping goes well and you escape the worst of the storm.

It built up early this morning, so far so good, gusting at about 75 here but nobody seems bothered, Zi is a little bit eyes on stalks but it's business as usual with the girls, Chloe is like Farmer Barlimow from Bod lol she is sooo laid back! But everyone is staying firmly put, we've lost a bit of guttering and some limestone cement out of the byre but nothing major. Mr T emptied a bucket onto the muck heap and nearly went with it:pwe'll do a big muck out when it's all over.
Hope everyone is okay:)

Reactions: joellie
It built up early this morning, so far so good, gusting at about 75 here but nobody seems bothered, Zi is a little bit eyes on stalks but it's business as usual with the girls, Chloe is like Farmer Barlimow from Bod lol she is sooo laid back! But everyone is staying firmly put, we've lost a bit of guttering and some limestone cement out of the byre but nothing major. Mr T emptied a bucket onto the muck heap and nearly went with it:pwe'll do a big muck out when it's all over.
Hope everyone is okay:)

Good to hear you are all coping ok and I'm glad Mr T didn't land in the muck heap too :p:D

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh lordy. The pig barn roof is looking like it's going to go:eek:tis peeling back like cardboard. I am not going out there, thank god the horses are in the byre and not there.
Any spare NRvibes for safety much appreciated. It's hitting 80 but it's the direction that seems to be causing the bother:(

Oh heck, def stay inside @Trewsers, hopefully it just wags and doesn't actually let loose

I am hoping it is just wagging too. Darn I wish we had pushed more to get that fixed but the byre seemed more important and the autumn weather has been so against us, the man who has been doing it for us has been under a lot of pressure with the weather hampering him:(

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com