2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

Well these snow squalls turn out to be even MORE UNUSUAL

They are lake effect snow coming across from
THE GREAT LAKES :eek::eek::eek:

I don't ever remember lake effect snow making it this far east.

Buffalo Ny gets hammered bad and parts of New York state but not this far.:(

Reactions: Native Lover
Well these snow squalls turn out to be even MORE UNUSUAL

They are lake effect snow coming across from
THE GREAT LAKES :eek::eek::eek:

I don't ever remember lake effect snow making it this far east.

Buffalo Ny gets hammered bad and parts of New York state but not this far.:(
What is "lake effect snow"?

Horrible lol In a word.:(:confused::mad:

It is not a normal weather system
Its winds picking up moisture on a lake
Generally big ones if things fall into place.
And drops it as snow.

I really thought we were well far away from that.

I think there are also ocean effect snows.
Well, I'm a bit more knowledgable than I was 10 minutes ago! Never heard of either before. Thanks!

Well following on from my solo hack.... today we went out en mass with L riding Eva my black Fell pony..... B riding Summer storm my welsh cob whose only been backed 6 weeks..... and me riding Melody. This was Summer Storms first ever hack out so he was with my saintly girls. And he even led the hack part of the way bless him. He loved it. We were out about and hour and 20 for a riverside hack... he was a superstar so proud of how far he’s some in his short time since she was backed.

Here’s some pics from today

30633CAB-124D-461E-9840-02BC45AA0BAF.jpeg47DC4C4C-A802-4802-AFFE-2B0E3A2E750F.jpeg34F5F077-09B8-4B9F-9FBD-F675C958926A.jpegC5E4A529-4F75-4FE2-984F-8ECC5E6D344D.jpeg3F122E49-65EB-4D7F-A1B6-3BC81D9EF256.jpegE16B3642-AA9A-4173-ABFA-347F07FC2F16.jpeg1FC1FCD5-79FD-4F39-9CD5-B0B2A6AEDDD8.jpegC0554BEC-D4F9-425C-BAD5-D6209246981C.jpeg

Looking good :):).

I'm loving All that green

I'm hoping to do some play probably later in the warmest part of the day.

I have to take a walkabout at dawn to see if every thing is ok.
Lots of wind damage on the news and continued power outages.

OMG we were lucky we lost power from 7 to 730 last nite and looking across the street Virginia had lost power too.

Thank God it was not off long enough for the. Heated buckets to freeze.

The snow from the snow squalls yesterday should be decent footing.

Its continued wind but coming down a bit.

I think early today its going to be too cold and windy. For play with Toni.

We have had a really bad stretch of weather for us to get together to play on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Well following on from my solo hack.... today we went out en mass with L riding Eva my black Fell pony..... B riding Summer storm my welsh cob whose only been backed 6 weeks..... and me riding Melody. This was Summer Storms first ever hack out so he was with my saintly girls. And he even led the hack part of the way bless him. He loved it. We were out about and hour and 20 for a riverside hack... he was a superstar so proud of how far he’s some in his short time since she was backed.

Here’s some pics from today

View attachment 97229View attachment 97230View attachment 97231View attachment 97232View attachment 97233View attachment 97234View attachment 97235View attachment 97236
What a grown up boy! Nice little herd you've got going on there!

Today was a 45 min lesson in walk and trot....... we started of warming up in walk and trot..... then riding correct diagonals without looking really hard for me. Any way I was getting it by feel towards the end of the lesson. Then we did 20 metre circles and trotting poles in a circle in walk and trot.

Then some figure of 8 in walk and trot... then figure of 8 with a halt in the middle then a walk halt walk... finally trot walk halt walk trot transitions.... my legs were very much like jelly when I got off....

Plus good news is I lost 8 lbs in just over 2 weeks.

T-shirt weather! In Feb!!!

20190227_152722-600x800.jpg

Had the most amazing fast hack yesterday with a couple of friends. We were out for 90 mins and 25 mins of that was cantering. Gracie had a belter of a time.

I must update my stats.... I've been remiss here. I've got lots of hacking miles and hours to add!!!

T-shirt weather! In Feb!!!

View attachment 97241

Had the most amazing fast hack yesterday with a couple of friends. We were out for 90 mins and 25 mins of that was cantering. Gracie had a belter of a time.

I must update my stats.... I've been remiss here. I've got lots of hacking miles and hours to add!!!
Fast hack? What's that lol! Hogans idea of fast is moving - in any direction!

Well we had a bit of a play about in the school, just in his bridle with the lunge line. Did some trotting over the poles and he was really good, and weaving in and out. It's been a lovely day but neither Mr T nor me felt like actually getting on board, so just to keep a hand in so to speak I thought in hand would be good. Hahahaha it wasn't exactly taxing on him, but I think it's good keeping things in his head and also just having a bit of a routine for doing something - otherwise it's going to be such a shock lol in summer when we ride him more often!

:(:mad:Sonny unmounted 13.00 hrs
Mounted 3.75 hrs.

Played in the lovely fresh snow in the front yard today.
Nice and low key and then some nice sidepass and back up.

OHHH its a good thing I went out to check my arena yesterday before the storm
all the places I played on sunday were horrible ice and that would have been really bad
with fresh snow over it.

I have to pick my places so carefully right now its the pitts but im very thankful I have
options to play.

This at first glance does not seem bad but it was all glaze ice.
IMG_8991.JPG
If we had tried to play there after last nites snow we both would have been on our butt..
Both Sonny and I are well padded:p:p:p but it would not have been good at all:(
Fresh snow does look pretty

IMG_9032.JPG
IMG_9036.JPG

newrider.com