2020 Hacking & Riding Thread

Belle really dislikes liberty work, I’m not sure why but she gets very confused and then really pissy with me if I try to send her away, shell do anything at liberty as long as she can be next to me and she loves to ‘play’ mirroring games but ask her to go away....... full on tantrums.
Have a feeling this is what Hogan would be like!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Belle really dislikes liberty work, I’m not sure why but she gets very confused and then really pissy with me if I try to send her away, shell do anything at liberty as long as she can be next to me and she loves to ‘play’ mirroring games but ask her to go away....... full on tantrums.

Zi can be a bit like that. Mr T once tried to play a game with him, we have an old schooling whip with baler twine and we put a carrot on the end. Joe used to love that game. Zi got a full on Benny with us and actually stamped (yes really) off in a huff. Turned his back at the gate and wouldn't come back for ages. We had to grovel........................

Sonny unmounted 2.5 hrs

WE are warming up but the ground has a long way to go to soften
I just played in the grassy area and sent him to the big tire.

Kite rider build on that..;)
There is no right or wrong.
Every horse is different and that's why no one training method is a
FITS EVERYONE (even though some BIG trainers try to say so):mad::(

Its still really windy I hope its less tomorrow.

Another 4 mile hack for Billy. It was a bit windy and drizzly hacking up the hill on the main road. Came as a bit of a shock as it was calm down by mine. Thought about doubling back parallel through the woods rather than than continuing up but didnt fancy the mud with the rain weve had the last two days so i decided to keep going and actually it wasnt as windy across the top road. But i think it was to do with the wind direction and although i was exposed on top i was actually sheltered by the escarpment dispersing the wind.
Then did a 2.5 mile drive out with chunky.

Nice little hack on Belle this morning, almost didn't go as was lashing down while I was tacking up, but, the sky cleared so off we went :) an hour today.
Belle - 3 hrs 55 mins
Pony cob - 2 hr 30 mins
I'll post a photo when I'm on my phone later, not exciting but I know everyone likes photo's.

Feel like skib did the other day - wish I'd got to ride, it's a glorious day. Got up at 6.30, looked out and it was hammering down. Back to bed.When I got up at 8, it was lovely and sunny, but missed my opportunity. Fingers crossed it's ok tomorrow.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Sonny unmounted 3.0 hrs

Huggy crummy WILD WEATHER HERE SIGH. :mad: :(
Hugely record warmth 64f yesterday probably 65f today.
But horrible horrible winds both days.
I did get a liberty play in his paddock yesterday.
Today I'm hoping for late afternoon. Its been really horrible all nite and I thought my wheelbarrel was gonna fly off with me this am.
I have 2 exercise balls in the cavaletti pen out back here and lol
They are rocking and rolling so hard they look like they are trying to
JUMP OVER THE 5 FOOT FENCE..:p:po_O
Woo hoo I got back in just as it started sheeting rain.:rolleyes:

Despite the bad winds yesterday Sonny was a really good boy;):)
No silly boy but no way was I gonna walk out near the big pines.

Hes also mr mudball lol.

Yesterday the wind was horrible again.
We ran out to do a bit of shopping and it seemed ohhh the wind is dropping.
Ugh maybe there but not here when we got back home. :mad:

Today should be lots better.

Next weekend 8 or 9 inches of snow due
I'd better enjoy seeing the ground this week. Then after that even daytime temps will be below freezing.

Another rush for me on Saturday as I said I would go with YO to the SJ. I managed 30 minutes in the school between jobs before we went. I've spent so much time babysitting other people I decided it would be a day for me on Sunday so I took myself off to the Wyre Forest and had some Harvey and me time :) While we were out we passed a tiny girl who was pointing and saying "horsie, horsie" excitedly. She then turned to Mum and said "He's dirty!" :) :)

The mud monster and I ready to go
IMG_0249-XL.jpg

It was a bit muddy at the start
IMG_1825-XL.jpg

Time for lunch
IMG_0250-XL.jpg

Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
6 miles
1 hour 20

Totals
Schooling
50 minutes

Hacking
3 hours 20
12 miles

Another rush for me on Saturday as I said I would go with YO to the SJ. I managed 30 minutes in the school between jobs before we went. I've spent so much time babysitting other people I decided it would be a day for me on Sunday so I took myself off to the Wyre Forest and had some Harvey and me time :) While we were out we passed a tiny girl who was pointing and saying "horsie, horsie" excitedly. She then turned to Mum and said "He's dirty!" :) :)

The mud monster and I ready to go
IMG_0249-XL.jpg

It was a bit muddy at the start
IMG_1825-XL.jpg

Time for lunch
IMG_0250-XL.jpg

Schooling
30 minutes

Hacking
6 miles
1 hour 20

Totals
Schooling
50 minutes

Hacking
3 hours 20
12 miles
Muddy or not, Harvey's quite the power, isn't he?! Lovely boy.

newrider.com