2021 Hacking and Riding

It was very chilly today. I had a jacket on til I started the stalls.
I played w Sonny In the big round pen
Then with the sidpull in the front yard.
Its very nicely made ..only really one minor adjustment needed.
There are not nearly enough holes on the mid strap so i just wrapped and pulled it thru.
It didnt look as pretty that way but worked fine. I have to find my hole punches
I had a ring to add to the chin strap for online play I worked but I have to pick up a bigger one..
Nothing that hampered using it.
I'm pleased with it.

20210903_091554.jpg20210903_093731.jpg20210903_094344.jpg20210903_094405.jpg20210903_094630.jpg

They do have a bunch more beading colors and patterns.🙄😏🤩🤔

Such a glorious morning - Sun shining, not too hot, no flies - perfect! When we started out, we went past a new boy in the field across the lane. Lovely 4 year old Irish draught. He got VERY excited as we rode along his fence line - cantering up and down calling to Hogan. I was very pleased with him - he stopped a couple of times, but didn't get wound up at all. The forest is looking so pretty with the colours changing now. Lots of nice trots, then on the way home met the chap in his converted golf buggy. Again, quite chilled about it. Chatted with the man, who really likes Hogan, and he said "He's muscling up a bit now". Really? Says I, searching all over for this muscle. Then he pointed out down Hogans shoulder and chest and there they were! Muscles! Could have knocked me down with a feather. So we've found the muscles, the search is on for the ribs.Screenshot_20210904-122622_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210904-122632_Gallery.jpg

If you get a chance take a photo of the grain dryer... i cant picture it.
One for you @horseandgoatmom

Went for our 4 miler today. So we braved going through the farm. Remembered to get my phone out. Gain drier wasnt going.

This is coming into the farm. The green building on the right has just been put up. So theres loads of scary building stuff laying in front.

20210904_163645.jpg

Get into the yard and this is the scary grain drier we have to pass. The bit to the left of the writing is where the fire pit is.
20210904_163855.jpg

If the driers going we can turn off left by the stone cottages drop down and round and we come back up opposite the other end of the grain shed. So i just have to get billy to the left turn, but if hes having a bad day, thats easier said than done.
20210904_163819.jpg

Another beautiful morning, and a slow ride, but not his fault - lots of dog walkers, so we didn't get a clear track the whole ride. There s also forestry work going on, and he dealt with the massive excavator very well, however, the foot square sign telling us it was there, worried him greatly :rolleyes: . He really behaved very well, as is evidenced by the pictures below - very pleased with himself when we got home. I took the two by the car because he now stands nicely when I dismount, as opposed to wandering off in search of grass, which he used to do.Screenshot_20210906-144314_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210906-144321_Gallery.jpgslightly uneven stirrups caused by saddle slipScreenshot_20210906-144325_Gallery.jpg

Well I'm hot and cross. No chance of doing anything with Zi today. It is boiling. I have sausage feet and a bad temper on me. I can't believe it's so warm, it's hotter than mid summer :eek:
I have become acclimatised to lower temps so to a southerner it wouldn't seem hot today. Zi voted with his hooves and is now in his apartment sheltering from the sun. Doubt if he'd have been receptive to doing anything in the school.

Well I'm hot and cross. No chance of doing anything with Zi today. It is boiling. I have sausage feet and a bad temper on me. I can't believe it's so warm, it's hotter than mid summer :eek:
I have become acclimatised to lower temps so to a southerner it wouldn't seem hot today. Zi voted with his hooves and is now in his apartment sheltering from the sun. Doubt if he'd have been receptive to doing anything in the school.
Have to say I'm with you about the heat - 26° today. I'm done with summer, I want a crisp bright autumn please. NOW!

Got to 30 here today. Tomorrow is last hot day then cooling down. Rain along with it i believe. Well weve been so dry im wondering if when the heavens open we will be non stop rain for weeks on end.

No riding for a few days. Work commitments ensue.
I did go for a different ride on Sunday. Billy ambled along very chilled and ploddy. So i thought we needed something different. Not done the ride since last year, actually more like 2 years and was getting fed up of doing same old, so opted to go over the horse crossing with the boys. Havent been there since that incident with the caravan and artic. Billy got twitchy as we got to the crossing. Fortunately no big stuff to contend with but he has a retentive memory so going across the road he was rushing in anticipation. Got the treats out as soon as we got across to try to calm him. Went for a loop which takes you past a house in the middle of nowhere. Cant believe how much its changed since i went up there last year. Some of the fields behind which were completely open, have been fenced off as horse paddocks, presumably sold and there was also signs up for forestry work being undertaken. So loads of timber lengths stacked up. Asked Billy to go up on the grass edge of the field so i could have a little canter. It went straight to his head. So much for chilled starting out. I had my arms pulled. I could barely hold him, as i was pulled out of the seat. Squeal, buck, like a dragon possessed. I couldnt have a proper relaxed canter. It was so scary. I pulled him up and went back onto the stoney track and made him walk for a bit. Of course he was now very forward. We did manage a bit more cantering on the way back towards the lonely house, i was a bit more controlled that time but not by much. Got back down to the horse crossing and twitchyness started again. He tried to run across the crossing, which was really unnerving. Once we got down the road a bit he was back to chilled and relaxed on a loose rein.

Coming back along the track towards home. Billy had chilled so i thought id take him on the lower track for another little canter. Was going along and he decides to have another buck. Not sure if it was because Chunky got up his bottom. Usually he just tenses but this was probably one of the largest bucks ive sat with him. I had to check behind as to whether he had kicked chunky or his rider. She reckoned chunky wasnt close but im not sure. As i looked behind she wasnt that far away from us.
Both boys came back content though, so i think they were happy to have gone somewhere different for a change.

Very hot this morning - hotter than the summer's been. Good ride, trotted for about 1/4 of a mile, longest we've managed. Met some new ponies - Screenshot_20210908-090903_Gallery.jpg found out they'd been drifting over the weekend, hence the different ones in the inclosure. Hogan was interested but walked on nicely. He's also accustomed himself to the new horse on the block, and kept going, despite the shenanigans along the fence line.

newrider.com