Another day, another viewing... (and another NR meet!)

I like the look of the chestnut welsh x gelding at even at 19, his age wouldnt put me off - same home for 14 years sounds good too.

The only haffys i have ever known have been a handful - prob because the daft people who've owned them have been the type to buy them as kids ponies due to their colouring - kids ponies they are def not - well, at least the ones i've known havent been.

Ha ha! Thanks for thinking of me! But the owner had to move it til Saturday morning so we'll all have to wait a bit longer!!

There is a riding school near me who buy and sell and the owner has just today got in a 15h piebald ride and drive mare. Previous owner didn't drive her, just hacked and did lots of sponsored rides (perfect!). Shes going to test her out a bit over the weekend in the riding school and let me know how she goes. Sounds good but its not much of a guarantee of what she's like is it, just a few days work!

Oh, and there was me sitting in a proposal meeting smiling at the would be client and thinking all the time, "I wonder how Debbie's getting on?" a:)

Oh sorry Jane - I replied to your PM but I've just checked and it doesn't seem to be in my sent box so I dont think it sent? I was just telling you it had been changed and asking if I might phone you while I'm there to help me decide?! Should be late morning? I've been very organised and made sure she has somewhere where I can try her in an enclosed area (she has a school) and then we are going to hack out and see traffic AND have a canter out so hopefully can do everything in one go if I'm feeling brave enough!

The only thing I'm worried about and I'd want an opinion on really (as I'd get it vetted to look for physical stuff) is how big I look on her. I had a 14h pony on trial once and my friend thought I was a bit big on him really. I do seem to have quite long legs or ride long (not sure which! :giggle:) even though I'm only 5ft 4.

I know I'm going to have a dilemma now with this other one too! The lady just sent me a text saying she had just ridden her and she was amazing, very special girl, jumped full set of coloured fillers. I'm going to watch her ride her tomorrow and then she's going to try her out in the school over the weekend, and then will hack her out next week. So it'll be a gamble won't it. I would prefer 15 h over 14h, and I do love piebalds, but I love the certainty of knowing all about a history of a horse and what it will / won't do, does / doesn't like, which I won't get from the piebald. :frown:

Hello! I have to say having seen you on a 14.2 I wouldn't worry about the height if the rest of the ponio is right. But it's like buses, isn't it, you wait ages and then 2 come along at once!

So look at the piebald, then try the little bay, and when you try the piebald you'll have her fresh in your mind. I know more history is good - but maybe the lady at the RS would let you take the piebald on trial, being local and all?

I think it sounds great to have a choice! I WISH I could come on Saturday but it's just too far, so sorry :cry:. Take phone, send pix and ring me any time x

newrider.com