Be honest... Am I too big for my pony?

I used to have a 14.1hh NF

I was 5'6" and 8 stone

Although I looked too tall for him, I knew I wasn't too heavy and he used to compete up to 1.10m confortably :)

I just rode with short stirrups so I didn't knock fences down with my feet! :p

x

Haha your defiantly not too small! I still ride Skye sometimes and i'm the same weight and height as you. Skyes 13hh and 21 years old...... now you've got me worried im too big!!!

I ride an Arab who is quite small. She's allegedly 15hh but she's very withers-high so is more like the size of a 14.2hh pony and she's very small-boned. I weigh 8 stone and I'm 5ft 4inches. My sister rides Arabs from 14.2hh and she weighs more like 10.5 stone and is 5ft 10 inches tall. She never looks too big for them though!

Your not too big for your pony! No way! I play mounted games as part of the mounted games association of GB and you often see tall people on little ponies, it makes it easier for reaching to put items into bucket or for vaulting! I'm 5ft 8 and ride a 13hh welsh section C and he loves it. If there was any doubt in my mind that he was not happy I wouldn't do it. To make you feel better I've put some photos on of our first competition last year.
camera183.jpg

The second day we had him.
camera247.jpg

Hug a mug
camera255.jpg

Bottle Shuffle
camera258.jpg

Litter Lifters
camera246.jpg

Hug a mug again
camera266.jpg

The whole team

Stacy x

Good grief @E123h, @carthorse is just doing her job! I also came to the thread intending to advise you that the conversation is very old and the person isn't on the forum any more - no need to be snippy.
Look, I didn't even realise there were dates attached to these threads; I made a few posts to some old threads and then saw that there were dates. She's commented on every one of them. I was annoyed. Mistakes are what make us human

newrider.com