Becoming a Scottish Newrider & some horse thoughts

Welcome to edinburgh

im glad jack's health is on the up and can be something for you not to worry about.

Edinburgh has lots of wonderful freelance instructors so you will have lots of great assistance up here :)

Edinburgh! Good choice, in fact any Uni in Scotland is always a good choice as we are such a friendly and welcoming bunch up here so congratulations on your placing and good luck with the move. Once you are settled Im sure there are a whole bunch of us who will be only too happy to help you settle in, Scottish style :D

I have heard so many good things about a lot of equestrian centres in Edinburgh and Im sure you will get all the help you need :) And if you fancy nipping over Glasgow way for a lovely long hack let me know, you would be more than welcome to join us :)

Looking forward to meeting you (and posssibly jack?) when you move up. You are doing a great job - thanks for updating us on progress - I will be keenly looking out for the next instalment.

Hi Jo

Congratulations on your place at Edinburgh, my bro lives there and loves it - I'm sure you'll have a ball (and a great education too:p )

I wouldn't be too down hearted about Jack, although I can understand why you aren't sure where is future lies. As you say, he is like an onion, but sooner or later, the layers to peel will get fewer and fewer and you can start piecing him back together again. I've said before (I'm sure) that I really admire you for your patience and dedication with him, especially being a more nervous rider, you have gone a damn sight further than many many other people would have done. However, understandably the future holds a great upheaval for yourself, without you worrying whether Jack will cope with the change too. I don't know, there's no easy answers, but you being you will always think through the options carefully and considerately so you will def make the best decision for Jack that can possibly be made.

Bex
xx

newrider.com