Can you help me find a rug to suit please?

I'm a cow, I let Joy shiver as she has weight to lose. The only time I rug her is if she is being tied up for prolonged periods so she can't move about to keep warm. Littles never shivers, even when tied up, as he has a thick coat you can lose your arm in.

I'm seriously going to have to revisit the muzzle with her. She's at her best weight every summer because I restrict her grazing so much and run a track system. Its when the wet comes I have a problem as we are on clay so they have to have access to as big an area as needed to protect the ground. She always gains weight over winter despite being out 24/7/365, with no hay, rugless and with a neck and belly clip!

The reason I think the little man with need a rug is that he didn't gain last winter. I may well need to add more to his feed too if needed. We'll see.

I ended up buying a requisite on special offer for either £22 or £24, can't remember which!

It doesn't have trigger clips at the chest and I was a little concerned about the fit at the shoulders but that was better after it had been on a day and the rug relaxed. It does have hi viz or reflective strips which many wouldn't like but my 2 catch themselves so this isn't a problem.

Upshot is that he hates being rugged and as he is holding his condition I'm going to start rugging when we get prolonged (rather than the odd day) rain or if I see him losing condition.

I tend to mostly care for them at livery in the field. I'd take his rug off and do feet and check him over and then pick up his rug at which point he'd run off! Most unlike my 2 who know what's expected of them.

I've bought Joy back into work again now so he'll be getting at least an hour and a half on long grass whilst she's out trying to work off the limited grass they get. With this regime he's doing well. We'll see and deal with things as they happen. At least I'm prepared now.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help xx

I spent ages trying to find a rug for a mini Shet as when he arrived he didnt have a very thick coat but he has acclimatised now to the bitter cold up here and has a full winter coat now. He also hates being rugged and tries to evade it. I dont have a cooler for him so hate bringing him in wet at night and leaving him standing.

yeah i was going to suggest a requisite one - they do 150g fill which is probably the closest you'll get to 100g fill. they're not great, but ok! ive got one for appley :)

newrider.com