Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Day of for the cob but packing to ride out with her otherside buddy tomorrow.
Much have a shift round of the bird feeders. I will introduce new ones before moving the old over.
They don't seem impressed with homemade fat balls though. Whoops.

What did you make the fatballs from? How did you hang them?

What did you make the fatballs from? How did you hang them?
Left over roast potato fast and hung in the fat ball feeder. They ate the shop bought ones. But I will sprinkle some on the floor for the ground feeders. It's not in the best place and needs to move, I am being supervised by the other feathered creature!

Anyone else got a two week from tomorrow of rain forecast?
We are meant to be buddying up today, looks like the last potentially dry ride.

Anyone else got a two week from tomorrow of rain forecast?
We are meant to be buddying up today, looks like the last potentially dry ride.
Its piddled down here all night, roads a bit flooded and I got very soggy feeding this morning, we're not looking to get a dry day for over a week now but that forecast will probably change as we get closer to the predicted dry day ?

Bit damp this morning, but the forecast is indeed at least a week of rain. I'm just going to go up ready my usual days for riding, and hope for the best?

Reactions: Trewsers
Been out for a two hour hack. Lovely day, very proud of cob and proud of myself as well. The shaking legs type of oh crap.
Now I know the route I can do it because I know she can do it. :)
We saw two buses and i don't think she even looked.

Well it might be cold and wet and windy out there but mr t made us a Mediterranean breakfast. Local grown toms and cucumber, Spanish spiced tuna, grilled haloumi, cannelini beans, Italian crackers and nice frothy coffee.
5CCCEB31-F5D0-450A-ABAB-2A59A95E856C.jpeg

And it feels cold too. The sooner out stable roofs are repaired so Little Un can come in at night the better, he's not going to be happy if he's out all the tie in the rain and cold.

I'm very excited (sad I know) about our new outdoor lights - I just hope they are a success. Will mean no more torch in mouth for me! They are solar ones - and I've ordered one to start with and if it's a good success I'll get more. Same brand as the re-chargeable ones I have inside the byre. Hurrah!

Updated the cover. It's more Autumn now.
No, it's the same. I can't find the edit for it.

Last edited:
Radar was showing rain for this morning but it actually kept going round us. Finally started raining about 1pm.

Just had to park my car in the layby and walk up the road in the rain. My new neighbours are there with bt digging up across the road as apparently they have no phone line in the house. So i couldnt get up the road. I told them to make sure they didnt disconnect us, like the last people who had there phone connected and inadvertently disconnected us.

Still raining now, so contemplating whether to be a fair weather rider or go and get wet.

Changed my profile cover photo. But the thread option has disappeared at the moment.
I was going to change the rosehips.

newrider.com