Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

It has been a tough crazy year.
I doubt too many will be unhappy to see the tail end of 2020.
Oddly while yes I'll be glad to see the back of it, for me and Mr KR it's been a blessing in one way, we both finally quit smoking - five months now and not looked back, without lockdown we probably would never have managed it, silver linings and all that.

I just read an article that was an interview with a doctor in a womens magazine. He said that the virus will be with us forever and that we'll just have to get used to it, vaccine or no vaccine. That in the end it will be like dealing with seasonal winter flu. And that people might wear masks forever as a precaution. It's quite sobering isn't it. I still have this fleeting hope that we might end the virus and go back to normal. But I don't think that's going to happen. Not sure I will ever get used to the new normal - despite it having taken up most of the year the virus is still something I'm not used to. Maybe it's an age thing - perhaps those under 50 would feel differently? The doctor also went on to say that we've missed the opportunity to stop the virus in it's tracks. I guess that happened the moment those people came back from holidays without being properly quarantined (from China and wherever else it was particularly bad at the start). Pointless post just wanted to add it to this thread. :(

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I just read an article that was an interview with a doctor in a womens magazine. He said that the virus will be with us forever and that we'll just have to get used to it, vaccine or no vaccine. That in the end it will be like dealing with seasonal winter flu. And that people might wear masks forever as a precaution. It's quite sobering isn't it. I still have this fleeting hope that we might end the virus and go back to normal. But I don't think that's going to happen. Not sure I will ever get used to the new normal - despite it having taken up most of the year the virus is still something I'm not used to. Maybe it's an age thing - perhaps those under 50 would feel differently? The doctor also went on to say that we've missed the opportunity to stop the virus in it's tracks. I guess that happened the moment those people came back from holidays without being properly quarantined (from China and wherever else it was particularly bad at the start). Pointless post just wanted to add it to this thread. :(
I’ve been to see my youngest today for a socially distanced walk, she originally thought like most of the younger folk that Covid for her age group wasn’t so bad, today she was telling me about one of her colleagues, a young woman of the same age (28) and how this young lady had it and has now been left with lung damage which will be life long, despite the fact that she was young, healthy and had no underlying health problems, she wasn’t even a smoker...... I just wish everyone would take it a bit more seriously.

I’ve been to see my youngest today for a socially distanced walk, she originally thought like most of the younger folk that Covid for her age group wasn’t so bad, today she was telling me about one of her colleagues, a young woman of the same age (28) and how this young lady had it and has now been left with lung damage which will be life long, despite the fact that she was young, healthy and had no underlying health problems, she wasn’t even a smoker...... I just wish everyone would take it a bit more seriously.
That's sad isn't it - to have damage like that at 28, makes me realise I had a charmed life. Bet it was nice to see your daughter though.:)

Sorry its so windy
Our wind was down this am.

Its below freezing for a while but we are starting a warm spell as of today.
50,S F A COUPLE DAYS
Then woo hoo near 70F by the weekend.
Maybe I'll get one more day of the mustang out w the roof down.
Its crazy weather 6 inches of snow a few days ago to 70 this weekend

Sorry its so windy
Our wind was down this am.

Its below freezing for a while but we are starting a warm spell as of today.
50,S F A COUPLE DAYS
Then woo hoo near 70F by the weekend.
Maybe I'll get one more day of the mustang out w the roof down.
Its crazy weather 6 inches of snow a few days ago to 70 this weekend
Yaye I hope you get the top down!

I'm shattered now. And I've only been doing the fetching and carrying but it's not as easy as it sounds lugging planks of wood down a field in the wind. Even when Mr t sawed them into smaller lengths they are still quite heavy. I'm sure I must have done something bad in a past life....................... :rolleyes: I felt like I'd been working in a gulag until now. I'm actually glad to settle down to my office desk. Hahahaa. Must be bad eh?!

newrider.com