Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

It's mad, I left home and there was sheet ice, on the way to work that then became fog, and then snow and by the time I got to work it was just bright and clear, and that's only 12 miles away!

I got more than you @Ale it has nearly all melted here too though. Some patches left.

Ive just been and turned out all the ewes with there lambs, to get some sun on there backs. Yesterday was there first day out since they lambed. Nightmare getting them all back in and sorting into appropriate pens so the very youngest lambs didnt get bullied. Turning back out those yet still to lamb.
Was too cold this morning to turn them all out. One lamb was actually shivering in the shed, but he had choosen to lay on the bare concrete in the creep instead of a nice warm straw bed. :eek: He had warmed up since this morning thankfully.

I can sit on the ground without getting a damp bum so I sat enjoying this evening, my very own little eco system at work, horses munching hay, Guineas cleaning up breaking the fly and worm cycles, goats clearing the brambles so there more grass for the horses. So satisfying.
B8F9C96A-7B2A-4083-B874-D8F68D06C684.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
And it begins, just saw the first local forest fire for the year happened last night. By heck we need some rain. Really need for there to be a decent hay crop this year!

We've had our first deliberate fire in the forest. Stupid yobs tried to burn down the pony sales site. It's all pens, and one covered area for the auctions. Morons.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Most of the fires here are caused by humans, often inadvertently (dropped glass, lighters etc) but all too often from stupidity having bbqā€™s or camp fires šŸ˜  Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some deliberately set just to burn too šŸ¤¬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
I can sit on the ground without getting a damp bum so I sat enjoying this evening, my very own little eco system at work, horses munching hay, Guineas cleaning up breaking the fly and worm cycles, goats clearing the brambles so there more grass for the horses. So satisfying.
View attachment 106199
Yes the no wet bum test works for me too! lol This morning things are picking up here, I could sit on my hump at the far corner of the field and watch cats and horses without getting damp jeans.

Reactions: Jessey
Took my brother to get his jab yesterday. He had notification to book. So i had to book it online for him. No option to book at the local centre though which is about 3 miles away. Mile and a bit as the crow flies. Instead they gave the nearest option as the crow flies of 17 miles away. The actual journey it actually nearly 30 miles.
My brother was like mega cocky to me, one of the guys that i work with was also booked for there, the nhs changed it two days before to the local one. No such luck for brother. No i had to drive 30 miles there and then back.
Totally ridiculous when they are saying stay local. How is 30 plus miles local when you actually have a centre on the doorstep. Theres also another jab centre 10 miles away.
Although i gripe at least this centre was making use of a showground. Whih had a big free carpark. Our local centre which i took my mum to for her jabs has no where to park on the side of the road. You literally have to drop the person at the roadside. For most elderly people it was quite dangerous with the amount of traffic. You take your life in your hands. There is a carpark opposite but it Ā£2 an hour. It also has disabled parking but its not recognised so you still have to pay to use it. Its also far to far for the likes of my mum to walk from. Why they couldnt have made use of the large racecourse in our town as a site beats me. Its big enough.

Took my brother to get his jab yesterday. He had notification to book. So i had to book it online for him. No option to book at the local centre though which is about 3 miles away. Mile and a bit as the crow flies. Instead they gave the nearest option as the crow flies of 17 miles away. The actual journey it actually nearly 30 miles.
My brother was like mega cocky to me, one of the guys that i work with was also booked for there, the nhs changed it two days before to the local one. No such luck for brother. No i had to drive 30 miles there and then back.
Totally ridiculous when they are saying stay local. How is 30 plus miles local when you actually have a centre on the doorstep. Theres also another jab centre 10 miles away.
Although i gripe at least this centre was making use of a showground. Whih had a big free carpark. Our local centre which i took my mum to for her jabs has no where to park on the side of the road. You literally have to drop the person at the roadside. For most elderly people it was quite dangerous with the amount of traffic. You take your life in your hands. There is a carpark opposite but it Ā£2 an hour. It also has disabled parking but its not recognised so you still have to pay to use it. Its also far to far for the likes of my mum to walk from. Why they couldnt have made use of the large racecourse in our town as a site beats me. Its big enough.
We had no local options either, though the leisure centre they use is 5 mins drive. I waited for my gp surgery to notify me - then I could book the local one.

Yes thats what im going to do. Im going to wait for my surgery to contact me so i can get it done locally. Otherwise im goung to have to drive another 60 miles in a few weeks to get myself done.
Ironically my brother got a letter from nhs the day after i booked his appointment which said if you cant book due to the travel distance, wait for your surgery to contact you. There was no option on the website to say i need to book local due to no transport. Which i think was very bad.
I mean can you imagine the cost of getting a taxi if you didnt drive, to do the 60 mile round trip i did yesterday and them having to wait for you whilst you were there at the appointment.
Another big covid cock up me thinks.

Reactions: Huggy
Most of the taxi companyā€™s round here are offering free taxi rides if you canā€™t get there yourself.

My friend booked online, she lives alone and canā€™t drive and is on a mobility scooter, the first couple of days she tried it was only centres miles away but then got the option of one very local to her, so it might be worth keeping an eye on it.

You should not only keep an eye but email GP or other organiser if need be. Daughter who has been helping organise vaccine centres, explained to me that computer systems dont cope well with exceptions, but people do and can be flexible.
In our case she said that if OH went along with me, (his computer appointment was later) and explained, they would probably do us together and they did. It was my user error that messed up the system. because I had tried to move our times closer to each other and each time I did so, his appointment vacancy vanished.

Making one of OH and my favourite meals tonight. Store covered hot pot. Anyone else heard of it? His mum used to make it, and I never knew if it was a North eastern thing, or her own invention.

newrider.com