Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Things worked out fine with the share arrangement in the end? He was of

Things worked out OK sharing in the end. You weren't happy a while back as he was off work again.
Yes after speaking to the owner I now only do one day a week so less financial commitment and he has another sharer to help her financially. Wasn't able to ride until last week due to everything going on but she said to not pay. I'd love to ride more but really can't afford it whilst studying. I'm lucky enough to be able to keep ale and share 1 day a week I think!

So who remembers what the theme tune is for the ice cream van?
They've started to drive round and it's the most lovely sound in the world, if you aren't really living in the current one.
The only sad thing for them is nobody is coming out of their houses to buy one.
I would have I think, except I was having a lay in. Even though I am not really doing anything, you need a break from that because I would still have days off.

Enjoying the first rain we’ve had for a couple of months, my field was so desperate for it.

And got to see the ponies without fluff distorting the view, Dan is definitely staying on his diet, he’s slimmer than last year, I can feel his ribs, but still got a huge neck.
View attachment 102667
Mine has apparently gained about 100kg. I don't think there is much weight tape left!!!

So who remembers what the theme tune is for the ice cream van?
They've started to drive round and it's the most lovely sound in the world, if you aren't really living in the current one.
The only sad thing for them is nobody is coming out of their houses to buy one.
I would have I think, except I was having a lay in. Even though I am not really doing anything, you need a break from that because I would still have days off.

OMG NO NO NO NO
Ice cream van tunes / music - I can't stand it:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It weirds me out. I don't know why, nothing has ever happened to me near a van or anything like that, I just can't stand the music. It's enough to make me want ear plugs. Thankfully none near me. Sorry!!!!! (Glad you like it though lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
They dont come anywhere near us. When i went out shopping last week there was one on a street corner and a few people social distance cueing.
Its too cold for a proper ice cream, icecream. Says me who had ice cream yesterday. But that stuffs not the same as a freshly whipped one.

I remember when i first had billy and we were out on a hack round the little housing estate, the ice cream van was parked and he had a hissy fit at it. That was when he detested transit vans etc as well as lorries and buses. Anyway me being me used it as a training opportunity. The van man was watching us and came out to say hello and even whipped billy up an ice cream to offer as a reward.
Billy mouthed it, most of the ice cream ended up on the floor. Think he ate the cone though.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
We've had the ice cream van on the yard. Thinking about it she's probably seen everything weird and wonderful on the yard over the years.
Once we've moved I expect I will photograph things to add to the what I saw on a hack thread.

OMG NO NO NO NO
Ice cream van tunes / music - I can't stand it:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It weirds me out. I don't know why, nothing has ever happened to me near a van or anything like that, I just can't stand the music. It's enough to make me want ear plugs. Thankfully none near me. Sorry!!!!! (Glad you like it though lol)
Strange how different things effect us. It made me think of happy childhood memories of being allowed to go and get one.
I think the only shock these days is the price! But I suppose back when it was still considered expensive and a treat.

Saturday again. What is everyone up to? It's raining again here. Nice joint of roast beef tonight with giant home made Yorkshire pud, carrots, peas, mashed spuds and roasters. Yum. I could eat it now..........lol
I had better take Storm for a walk now then. I won't be up to much after eating all that lot!

Sorting out stuff bit by bit. Found a few things I can sell on.
Debating on replacing BP. It's the 2009 standard and was made 2011 when I got her. The newer standard is 2018, so I could upgrade. I guess for hacking in the new home the old one could still do the job? We won't be competing.

I had a productive morning at the yard, even though it was pouring down, put in some seedlings, tidied up around the hay feeding area and dug a load of dirt to fill the trench around 1 post where poo picking had lowered it, then took out and moved another post to a better position, cleared the spot for the new-to-me caravan/tea room to live ? then I felt justified in having a lovely afternoon nap ?

I had a productive morning at the yard, even though it was pouring down, put in some seedlings, tidied up around the hay feeding area and dug a load of dirt to fill the trench around 1 post where poo picking had lowered it, then took out and moved another post to a better position, cleared the spot for the new-to-me caravan/tea room to live ? then I felt justified in having a lovely afternoon nap ?
I am not allowed a caravan onsite, but I have ideas.

Sorting out stuff bit by bit. Found a few things I can sell on.
Debating on replacing BP. It's the 2009 standard and was made 2011 when I got her. The newer standard is 2018, so I could upgrade. I guess for hacking in the new home the old one could still do the job? We won't be competing.

I think it will be fine for hacking. Mine is *gulp* a 2005 Rodney Powell. Eeek. Probably not much good for x country but for pootling I think it's better than nowt.

Talking of seedlings. Grrrrr. Ruddy cats! Well, honestly, I never thought they'd decide my raised beds look like great litter trays :rolleyes: but they have done! I'm going to discourage them by covering them before I do the seeds. I've got old feed bags that I'll cut up and lay over with slates (I have many) laid on top. Hopefully if I do that for a few days it will break the chain! Mackeral the mother has been the worst, but then Felix joined in! They normally use the school (again not ideal, next time I fall off lol can you imagine?!)

newrider.com