Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Did rhubarb crumble yesterday, still some left which i might have for lunch tomorrow with some ice cream.
Im still craving a peice of that yummy victoria sponge and a cup of tea now ive seen it again. ?☕

Well after some delay with my bread making as my mum came in the kitchen and started getting in the way, i abandoned the cooking and went outside to ride and then doing evening chores. So only just cooked my bread and eaten a warm bread roll, straight out the oven for me tea. Im actually really pleased. I havent made bread for many years. It was a bit experimental with the ingredients but actually they turned out alright.

View attachment 102526

they look nice. Go well with soup....

Mind you after being left for so long i had visions of lead bullets, not sure the fish would have appreciated. Wont need to feed them to the fish, there edible.

Well after some delay with my bread making as my mum came in the kitchen and started getting in the way, i abandoned the cooking and went outside to ride and then doing evening chores. So only just cooked my bread and eaten a warm bread roll, straight out the oven for me tea. Im actually really pleased. I havent made bread for many years. It was a bit experimental with the ingredients but actually they turned out alright.

View attachment 102526

Mind you after being left for so long i had visions of lead bullets, not sure the fish would have appreciated. Wont need to feed them to the fish, there edible.
They look lovely and warm bread fresh from the oven is one of my favourite things, as long as it’s got a generous helping of butter to go with it.

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers
Good luck Trewsers, if your not back in half an hour I’ll come and look for you. :oops:

Hehehe thanks, I'm back! Wasn't as bad as I'd thought, but it's rising and will get up to about 65mph this afternoon. But so far just spots of rain. It's weirdly not that cold - mr t took Storm out for her morning walk and nibbles and was out a good hour and didn't complain! lol
I mucked out - that makes me hot always....................least I'm getting exercise that way. Wonder if I'll forget how to ride ????!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Just settling my lasagne pie. Yum.
I think the weather is getting worse out there. Chloe fetched herself in, clearly not impressed at all. I left Zi snoozing laid down in his apartment.

Yes it was weird here yesterday. Sounds like its come your way. Very windy but at the same time warm. You thought you needed a jumper but actually too hot in one.
Its had a couple of mini showers this morning. Its actually just what the grass needs. The lawn was looking brown a few days ago. I can know see it greening up.

Whilst i was out moving the fence both boys were kicking there heels up in the wind. I thought billy would be a twat out on a ride yesterday being windy so i opted to take him down the field for a polework session. Its a bit more sheltered. To my amazement he was actually really working well. So well i decided to make it a short session. You know what they say quit while your ahead. My new polework layout has really got him thinking and me. I did forgot where we were going, but with the way ive laid out other poles we just trotted on over those then back into the exercise. He just kept in trot pretty much the whole time. Barely broke into the canter stride or falling in on the bend. Was a pleasure.

Well i just put a stone on helping myself to all your wonderful treats ? ? thank you for sharing.

Nothing quite so fancy here but I am very tired today and am grateful that I am curled up early with treats the fairies have left, Harry and Tigger and watching Grey's Anatomy. I nice relaxing finish to the day is much appreciated.

20200523_155637.jpg

Somebody on here mentioned bank holiday weekend. I completely brushed over it. For some reason i thought it was next weekend. It has now just dawned on me that its this weekend. When all days are the same you definitely lose track.

Umm wonder if the shops are open or closed monday. I need to go to the supermarket to do a large shop. Might have to go tomorrow. Havent a clue if monday will be bank holiday hours or what, considering some are offering these extra hours for essential workers. Ill just work on a sunday 10-4 day.

Starting to feel like i live on a desert island now. Life as was is a distant memory now.

Somebody on here mentioned bank holiday weekend. I completely brushed over it. For some reason i thought it was next weekend. It has now just dawned on me that its this weekend. When all days are the same you definitely lose track.

Umm wonder if the shops are open or closed monday. I need to go to the supermarket to do a large shop. Might have to go tomorrow. Havent a clue if monday will be bank holiday hours or what, considering some are offering these extra hours for essential workers. Ill just work on a sunday 10-4 day.

Starting to feel like i live on a desert island now. Life as was is a distant memory now.

If it was me I'd avoid Monday anyway, where I used to live bank holiday Monday's in supermarkets were notoriously busy. Not sure whether it's like that where you are normally? But I think people might still be flocking to them - just for something to do. You might find Tuesday a better day to go if you can last that long.

newrider.com