Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

We aren’t sure if they are turnips? Anyone know? Needs are the usual local grown but I don’t recall planting any seeds last year. Just turnip ones but not in that particular bed. Oh well just wanted to share?

Oh wow! I've no idea what they are but what an exciting find :)

If no one else knows, I'm sure @Kite_Rider Rider will confirm - she's a horticulturist genius if I remember rightly!

Reactions: Trewsers
Just went to feed the boys and whilst i was waiting for the sugar beet to soak. I decided that it was about time i cleaned up the clippers that i used 2 weeks ago to clip chunky. Theyve just been sitting on the floor of the tack room.
Putting that away lead me to start sorting the rugs that i pulled out the wardrobe the other day whilst trying to find one for chunky that wasnt leaky and had all the straps. They were piled on the floor too.
Then i found the fly sheets on the rug rail and thought, shant be using them till next summer so they need to go away.
On doing that i then found a lightweight rug, that is brand new. I think i brought it last year in the tack shop reduced, but cant remember. And there was me looking for one for chunky. Amazing what a little clear up reveals.

The tack room clear up has been on my list of jobs to do for months. Its still not as i want it but an hours sort out has created loads of space.
I need to get my poly block jump wings up from the bottom field this weekend, so i need to clear out the corner of the tack room they stand in over winter.
Wont recognise my tack room when i walk in there tomorrow.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Another trip to the hospital with mum this morning.
She rang the drs yesterday to make an appointment with the nurse to get her toe redressed. They only had one appointment for yesterday which i couldnt take her to as i needed to be at work. Or one for mid morning today. So we booked that. Not ideal really as i need to be at work early as its my full day. 10 minutes after she booked it. The hospital rang to say theyd got an apointment at 9.30 this morning at orthopaedics. So im now taking her to that instead. The hospital said to cancel the drs as they will have to get someone at the hospital to redress it before she can leave there.

Shes also got a zoom committee meeting this afternoon which i cant be there to set up for her, so im going to give her a quick zoom run through again shortly.

Another trip to the hospital with mum this morning.
She rang the drs yesterday to make an appointment with the nurse to get her toe redressed. They only had one appointment for yesterday which i couldnt take her to as i needed to be at work. Or one for mid morning today. So we booked that. Not ideal really as i need to be at work early as its my full day. 10 minutes after she booked it. The hospital rang to say theyd got an apointment at 9.30 this morning at orthopaedics. So im now taking her to that instead. The hospital said to cancel the drs as they will have to get someone at the hospital to redress it before she can leave there.

Shes also got a zoom committee meeting this afternoon which i cant be there to set up for her, so im going to give her a quick zoom run through again shortly.
I hope it goes well with the zoom thing. Once it’s set up it’s easy isn’t it, I needed someone to help me though last time I used it for work. Good job mr t knows what he’s doing!

Just went to feed the boys and whilst i was waiting for the sugar beet to soak. I decided that it was about time i cleaned up the clippers that i used 2 weeks ago to clip chunky. Theyve just been sitting on the floor of the tack room.
Putting that away lead me to start sorting the rugs that i pulled out the wardrobe the other day whilst trying to find one for chunky that wasnt leaky and had all the straps. They were piled on the floor too.
Then i found the fly sheets on the rug rail and thought, shant be using them till next summer so they need to go away.
On doing that i then found a lightweight rug, that is brand new. I think i brought it last year in the tack shop reduced, but cant remember. And there was me looking for one for chunky. Amazing what a little clear up reveals.

The tack room clear up has been on my list of jobs to do for months. Its still not as i want it but an hours sort out has created loads of space.
I need to get my poly block jump wings up from the bottom field this weekend, so i need to clear out the corner of the tack room they stand in over winter.
Wont recognise my tack room when i walk in there tomorrow.
It’s great finding things after having a sort out. I’ve done the same with my wardrobe and found lots of winter things I’d forgotten about.

I thought ‘neeps’ were Swede? And what is ‘clapshot’ please @Trewsers?
Ah clapshot. When we first moved here four years ago, one of the first trips to the local village store had me collapsing into fits of laughter as we got back into the car. Because we got to the till with our lovely local beef mince, carrots and potatoes and as they keyed in the figures (no barcodes here thanks!) I was asked "that'll be clapshot for tea then won't it"? Mr trews looked non plussed and I was just about to ask them to repeat it when Mr t stepped in and asked what on earth it was (I'm far too polite to exclaim lol). They were puzzled as to why I hadn't added a nice amount of haggis from the fresh meat counter to my shopping......hehehehehee. Some people don't bother with the haggis - and still call it clapshot. I'm not keen on haggis.
So here is clapshot:

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I thought ‘neeps’ were Swede? And what is ‘clapshot’ please @Trewsers?
Neeps are more like a ginormous swede. You should see the size of some grown local to me, they are AMAZING! I buy them for the girls and Zi - I slice them up into long slender pieces which is a labour of love (I find swede incredibly hard).

Blimmey what a day and an expense one. Dropped mum at the hospital for 9.30. Went round to the playing field with floss for some stimulating. It was blowing a hooley. Got back to the car and thought I'll just sit here and wait till mum rings to be collected. Sure she wont be long. So sat browsing on my phone. Put the radio on on the car. Fan was going and the heated seat was working. Although not the engine. Didnt think anything more of it. Till i went to start the car. Dead. Not even remotely trying to turn over. I had managed to flatten the battery. So i had to ring my brother and ask him to come jump start me. Mum then rings to say she was waiting for them to put her in a removeable plaster cast.
So i then drove round to the battery place to get a new battery. As the battery went flat in march when we went into lockdown after only a week of not using the car i thought lets not mess about. Been fine all over the summer. Guess its just now its turned cold that its decided to play up again. Guy said it was the original and was 10 years old, so it had done well by all accounts. But i nearly dropped when he said £150.
Then went back to hospital to pick mum up. Never got home till gone 12. Shes now got drs and nurses appointments booked for the next two weeks. For dressings and more assessment. The dr and consultant she saw today also now think that looking at her xrays her dislocated toe did not occur last week when she thinks she stubbed her toe. The toe stubb has just swollen and blistered because of her conditions and sensitive body. Until that heals they wont be able to decided on a plan of action for the dislocation.
Had to cancel work as well this morning, no way i could fit that in, so now have extra tomorrow.
Just got home from work this afternoon and floss is now lame on her front leg. So now shes even more wobbly. I dont think i over walked her this morning, but whether shes strained a muscle on one of her topples i dont know. Ive given her a little loxicon to see if it helps, but shes not had it before and it says it can cause sickness. So only gave her a bit. Poor girl, she is in the wars at the moment.

newrider.com