Coronavirus

It must take incredible skill for a politician to be asked a question and not answer it.
Someone actually followed on the question because it had not been answered and it still wasn't answered.

The track and trace system is working, but we don't yet have the figures.
So how do you know that its working.
They didn't know how many of today's positives were from us reporting systems and adding the info.
There was a lady on bbc news this morning, she warks for the track and trace dept, she said she had done 38 hours so far for them and not had on single call to follow up on, not one! So clearly not working that well eh?
Politician's are very good at evading the question.

Ugh here yoo ALE people getting more lax.
And add the riots.. burning and and lootings
Its a real recipe for disaster.

Monday night had horrible damage in
PROVIDENCE Monday night.

Their goal was to set the Providence Place mall a
On fire.

Last night ir was going to be 2 other cities and. Malls
The national guard was called out things closed early curfews put in and roads closed. Heavy presence of helicopters all night.
Things were violence free

Not so for MASSACHUSETTS.

ITS HORRIBLE.

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Apparently our area hasn't 'peaked' yet.

Published 29th May so stats will have changed since then.

Apparently our area hasn't 'peaked' yet.

Published 29th May so stats will have changed since then.
That's because the tourists haven't arrived yet I bet!

There was a lady on bbc news this morning, she warks for the track and trace dept, she said she had done 38 hours so far for them and not had on single call to follow up on, not one! So clearly not working that well eh?
Politician's are very good at evading the question.
Maybe they are all care home positives? You don't need to track because the staff are the close contacts and are tested?

That's because the tourists haven't arrived yet I bet!

Not many tourists in Doncaster ? Visiting the town centre is like being in an episode of the walking dead. So many 'zombies' on spice staggering about or collapsed in shop doorways. Wonder if lockdown has actually benefited them as I believe councils have had to make an effort to get people off the streets. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing ?

Did you see the news article today. These empty hotels that have lost business, there talking about buying them or something and using them for the homeless.
Is that going to be councils buying them cheap from hoteliers that are desperate to sell due to debt then in a few years selling them all off.

I actually wonder if I could have a magic button to press, whether we would actually have enough accommodation for each and every person in this country?
To get any benefit I thought needed a fixed abode - I could be wrong on that though.so the homeless could claim money to get them started, stay where they are and then move into a flat /job right.
Call me a cynic, the poor people who selling off their hotels could be on the streets, it's their home as well.
So where will they actually live?
Are we swapping statistics? Are people really off the streets?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Did you see the news article today. These empty hotels that have lost business, there talking about buying them or something and using them for the homeless.
Is that going to be councils buying them cheap from hoteliers that are desperate to sell due to debt then in a few years selling them all off.

This sounds like profiteering by another name because as you say I bet they'd drive a really hard price knowing they're desperate and then sell on in a few years when the market picks up a bit.

Ugh here yoo ALE people getting more lax.
And add the riots.. burning and and lootings
Its a real recipe for disaster.

Monday night had horrible damage in
PROVIDENCE Monday night.

Their goal was to set the Providence Place mall a
On fire.

Last night ir was going to be 2 other cities and. Malls
The national guard was called out things closed early curfews put in and roads closed. Heavy presence of helicopters all night.
Things were violence free

Not so for MASSACHUSETTS.

ITS HORRIBLE.
we have friends in Providence

Help me out.

From the government website
"As of 5pm on 2 June, of those tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, across all settings, 39,728 have died.

TestsPeople testedPositiveDeaths in all settings
Daily171,829Unavailable1,871359
Total4,786,219Unavailable279,85639,728

Where are people getting this 8000 cases a day from? I keep hearing scientists say it, so why aren't they here? So mild people don't think they have it /no symptoms?

I was asked to take a test because I am part of a vast research project and have had a cold. I have been in isolation since mid March and they need negative tests for compasion.
The test arrives by post. And is a shambles.
The very detqailed instructions include mistakes.
One is asked first to arrange for the collection of the test. The website rejected the reference numbers given to me as invalid. Had to make a phone call.
The next task is to register the test on line. The website address given is out of date and invalid. Meaning another phone call.
The test itself is pretty easy to do, But assembling the bits and pieces correctly is complicated.
One has to put together a cardboard box for return that I predict would be hard for elderly people with athritic figers. I am an ace at assembling Ikea but found it hard to work out which flap tucked in where.
One is instructed to look down one's throat with a mirror to see where one's tonsils are or where they would have been. One has to do the test after 9 p.m. (or before 8.00 a.m.) and even with a torch I couldnt actually see down my throat.

So tho I have taken the test, I am not confident that the test will be valid.

Help me out.

From the government website
"As of 5pm on 2 June, of those tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, across all settings, 39,728 have died.

TestsPeople testedPositiveDeaths in all settings
Daily171,829Unavailable1,871359
Total4,786,219Unavailable279,85639,728

Where are people getting this 8000 cases a day from? I keep hearing scientists say it, so why aren't they here? So mild people don't think they have it /no symptoms?
From what I've read newforest I believe that because a lot of people are still not being tested and they have already said that probably there are many asymptomatic people, the 8,000 a day is an estimate based on the data they already have. I think???

From what I've read newforest I believe that because a lot of people are still not being tested and they have already said that probably there are many asymptomatic people, the 8,000 a day is an estimate based on the data they already have. I think???
my friend thinks she got it in February on a trip to belgium, she self isolated for 2 weeks, and is working from home, she was never tested and did not report it to her gp or 111 so she won't show up in the records at all nor probably the thousands who were at the film festival with her, travelled on the plane, stayed at same hotel

• Sad
Ive just seen something posted from someone that said theyve had the test. They havent had it and arent carrying it. So they just have to worry about other people.
Am i missing something. Just because youve tested negative now. Doesnt mean you couldnt get it tomorrow from going out and coming into contact with someone and be carrying it for a other week before you show symptoms.

I just thought why would you post something like that. It seems a weird statement to make.

A work colleague (not one I come into contact with because I'm working from home) was tested a week ago and still hasn't had her results! So much for turning them round in 48 hours, and now I think they're promising 24 hours. This is someone who works on a hospital ward reception desk too.

Ive just seen something posted from someone that said theyve had the test. They havent had it and arent carrying it. So they just have to worry about other people.
Am i missing something. Just because youve tested negative now. Doesnt mean you couldnt get it tomorrow from going out and coming into contact with someone and be carrying it for a other week before you show symptoms.

I just thought why would you post something like that. It seems a weird statement to make.

This with knobs on^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So basically, people think if they have been tested they are fine and free to wander and don't need to worry. Goodness. They can still catch it ten minutes after being tested if they come near someone carrying it.

newrider.com