Coronavirus

They've had a U turn. People are still shielding, but they can go for a walk with their household. They can make that choice for themselves.
If they live alone they can meet one other person.
Transmission is low according to the briefing.
This is what I don't get. People who are shielding have always been able to go out if they chose I think - surely it was just advice that they stayed in and not law. So what's the difference now? The virus hasn't gone so why are they suddenly being 'allowed' out?

Just ... don't ... get ... it

I know it's always been advised.

I can tell you why you don't get it. Look around you, there is nothing open, we haven't been allowed to meet anyone until three weeks ago.
Look at what they have done to the schools, to the town, to everything we do.
The shops cannot open without following the rules, so they won't let you not follow.

They've had a U turn. People are still shielding, but they can go for a walk with their household. They can make that choice for themselves.
If they live alone they can meet one other person.
Transmission is low according to the briefing.
Not in scotland they haven't as far as i can tell, shielding for over 70s and those who received formal letters instructing them to shield have not been advised of any changes

This is what I don't get. People who are shielding have always been able to go out if they chose I think - surely it was just advice that they stayed in and not law. So what's the difference now? The virus hasn't gone so why are they suddenly being 'allowed' out?

no it was a formal 13 page letter telling you to do it not advising you to do it. The letter says clearly don't leave your home, don't go out for shopping or leisure travel, etc, it's a 13 page document telling you to stay in and that's it. In the home you should also minimise the time spent with others, sleep in a separate bed where possible, use separate towels and bathroom products, or clean the bathroom thorough every time you use it, avoid using the kitchen when others are present and take your meals back to your room. If the rest of your household are able to follow this guidance, there is no need for them to wear any special medial clothing or equipment. And as far as i am aware this is still the guidance till 30th June

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
That guidance is on the website, if you want to shield. But for the UK it's advisory not a legal instruction. It says some people may not want to shield and they accept that. They said this on the briefing.
I know people haven't read what's on the website, so maybe a letter would have been better, but for us it's still advisory.
Scotland has always had different rules and some would say better informed.

As I understood it it was and always has been advisory, for me personally I thought long and hard about the rules, it’s a huge ask to expect you to put your life completely on hold for the foreseeable, as in live in a separate part of the house to anyone else, don’t share a bed with your very much loved husband, don’t get within six feet of said man, don’t eat, watch tv, do your exercise, bathe etc in the same room and absolutely do not go outside!
I made the decision to take the risk given that Mr KR doesn’t go anywhere and when I visit Belle I hardly see a soul and if I do I make sure I’m at least 6ft away.
I think they have allowed us to go out once a day now because they were getting quite a lot of pressure from the likes of cancer and MS charities saying that those shielding were feeling ‘left behind and forgotten about’ this is exactly how I’ve been feeling and at the end of the day this governments relaxing of the rules in general is merely a move to take everyone’s mind off Dom Cummings fiasco.
Second wave on the horizon anyone?

Second wave yes or just low rate for a very long period of time.

Ive just had another text from a client asking if im returning to work. I can see people going elsewhere soon. I wont have any clients left, so I'll be another on the dole soon.

• Sad
Many more things open here today.

The big worry is not going to be things opening as much as the little moronic
THUGS burning the country down and looting it.
There will be huge spikes due to them.

Providence wasn't too bad yet some spray painting on statehouse and walkways a shattered glass door .

Boston in the big picture is not that far away.
They have had huge riots burnings and
Lootings.

They are bombarding and blocking highways.

One protest march in Boston of many run by a pastor did not turn violent and they
Did behave stay apart and wear masks.

As time goes on and things open more I'm
LESS inclined to want to venture out more.

Across the street hasn't learned a bloody thing either.
Horse trailers pulled in to go riding.
Spoke to the boarder at distance and she was furious..
No paperwork proof was shown for the horses ... no big surprise there...
Proof of coggins .. rabies ..and health cert
Are required at minimum.

I don't even think traveling around like that is even allowed right now and for sure not across state lines which one did.

Some people ugh hand them a buck and they will turn blind eye to everything.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
They changed the furlough scheme for a reason. Old one is closed and from today new one allows employers have you in part time.
Just wondering with the changes to the extremely clinically vulnerable list etc, if people won't be furloughed now for health reasons?

Without knowing what you do, I can't say if people will go elsewhere. But my guess is elsewhere isn't open either? I think people will lose customers but gain new ones.

They changed the furlough scheme for a reason. Old one is closed and from today new one allows employers have you in part time.
Just wondering with the changes to the extremely clinically vulnerable list etc, if people won't be furloughed now for health reasons?

Without knowing what you do, I can't say if people will go elsewhere. But my guess is elsewhere isn't open either? I think people will lose customers but gain new ones.

I’ve read that those shielding should remain furloughed until the government say it’s safe for us to return to work.

It must take incredible skill for a politician to be asked a question and not answer it.
Someone actually followed on the question because it had not been answered and it still wasn't answered.

The track and trace system is working, but we don't yet have the figures.
So how do you know that its working.
They didn't know how many of today's positives were from us reporting systems and adding the info.

Lol over here thats what they do best.

If you can find it on utube possibly
Look for the song from the
Dolly Parton. ..Burt Reynolds movie
Best Little Whore House in Texas

The politician sang a song

DANCE A LITTLE SIDE STEP...

IT SUMS IT UP SO WELL.

THEY SAY A BUNCH OF NOTHING
and never answer the question

Reactions: Trewsers
Despite everything going on we are still getting people coming in here to shop who are unwell. It's madness.

We still have no staff showing any symptoms though and are on week 3 of being open again I think.

People are starting to get really relaxed, and I think that's going to be a big issue.

• Sad
Yes i think people are being too relaxed looking at park pictures.

The figures dying are still just as high as when we went into lockdown basically from what i could see looking at a graph of daily deaths yesterday.

Im getting requests to go back to work. I honestly dont know what to do. I think id be stupid to, but im going to end up loosing the clients, but then i tell myself that when its hopefully over other people will be looking so i can always pick up new clients. Its just how long i can weather this rough patch.

• Sad
newrider.com