Coronavirus

That has actually just made me cry newforest, poor old chap and yes, that is my fear too that some of those shielding will just be forgotten about. :confused:
I read the news article about masks in shops yesterday, there were comments at the bottom and it made me very down reading some of them, people were saying things like 'there are only a couple of million people for who this is a problem for, the rest of us are fine, why should we have to wear masks just because of a few people who are too fat and lazy and have made themselves ill' or I'm going to shop online from now on, I'll just take a shopping slot form those who are too scared to go into a shop, no way I'm being seen dead out in public in a face nappy!' or 'It's all because some babies are scared of a little virus'
I can't even type here what I wanted to reply to those people. :mad:

That's awful. Are people really like that? yes they are. How p*ss poor are they attitude wise to make such comments. Curses on those who make them.

It's makes more sense for staff to wear something. Surely they are the ones indoors in close contact with others.
We've had outbreaks in food producing places that obviously can't social distance.

There are places already in ppe with shields over the masks in order to open, I am thinking hairdressers, beauty salons, dentists.

The shielding group are going to be back at work, along with the other high and moderate groups.
Can't we think of others that little bit longer, most out there seem to be back to normal, or the new normal, but there are over one million who haven't been off their property. I spoke to an old chap sitting in his garden over the weekend. Nobody has told him he's allowed to go for a walk!
There could scarily be people who just get forgotten and left at home because nobody tells them!

That's really sad, poor man.

I think the age here is 2 or 3 but not having human kids I'M not totalky sure.

Chunky.. that sounds awful I hope you can find a safe solution

Well the governor is pushing back somewhat on bad behavior at beaches.
I didn't think she had it in her.

As of tomorrow parking is reduced to 25 %
There will be patrols to prevent illegal parking and enforcement help for businesses near the beaches that had hard time with people
Harassing workers trying to get to get them to distance and mask up.
So many of those places have teenagers
Working that get the abuse of the morons.

The contact tracing of our new spike starting has been correlated to beaches ..
Restraunts..bars and private huge gatherings..

If her actions dont get morons attention and results. I hope she really is prepared
To do more.

Reactions: Trewsers
There was already alot more customers wearing a mask yesterday than we have seen previously.
I think a fair few people were waiting for the masks to be made mandatory so they didn’t feel daft wearing them. Some of my yard friends have said they felt daft wearing them before, but now it’s acceptable they don’t mind.
I wore a mask the last few times I went shopping before lockdown, back when hardly anyone wore them, to be honest my thought process was ‘ I would rather wear a mask and look silly than not wear one and end up wearing a ventilator mask or a coffin’ to be honest I did get a few odd looks, but I’m at an age where I really don’t care what other people think of me.

That's awful. Are people really like that? yes they are. How p*ss poor are they attitude wise to make such comments. Curses on those who make them.
Sadly its all me me me for some people. This isn't all about protecting the vulnerable, its about protecting everyone.

I am actually going to wear a scarf, do I want to, I will be honest and say no I don't. The reason for that is because imo it should have been brought in when non retail opened.

As for those few million who are a "problem" that's discrimination, but then I get used to that. We are dead wood to some.

• Sad
I think a fair few people were waiting for the masks to be made mandatory so they didn’t feel daft wearing them. Some of my yard friends have said they felt daft wearing them before, but now it’s acceptable they don’t mind.
I wore a mask the last few times I went shopping before lockdown, back when hardly anyone wore them, to be honest my thought process was ‘ I would rather wear a mask and look silly than not wear one and end up wearing a ventilator mask or a coffin’ to be honest I did get a few odd looks, but I’m at an age where I really don’t care what other people think of me.
I was shocked when it was advisory and all the posters went up, to see staff not using. I go into a shop for fifteen minutes once a week, verses their eight hours a day in close contact with others.
But when the serve me they are behind screens in fairness. It's the manager that's walking about that takes up space!

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Finally no matter what states or cities say
Some large stores are making masks mandatory for everyone.

There is a saying here i guess its law..
No shoes No shirt. NO SERVICE ..
That's been in place years and years.

MASKS ARE much more seriously needed and need to be enforced to keep people safe.

Just a heads up.. It may be a non issue over there to having hand sanitizer thats made in MEXICO....

We have many brands mostly from mexico
With WOOD ALCOHOL....METHANOL
thats highly poisonous and goes right to the skin..

THE LIST IS UP TO 60 NOW.

So if the virus doesn't kill you the
Hand sanitizer will.

They say you shouldnt leave the hand sanitizer in your car. Obviously being alcohol based it can catch fire in a hot car.
The new norm carry hand sanitizer with you and wear a face mask.

PM delivered a speech today, apparently.
I say apparently because I stumbled upon by accident, looking at the news.
No wonder people think the virus has gone and the lockdown is over, nobody even knows when we are getting these speeches!
Because I have forgotten the every three week review, because things just seem to happen, get added, altered.

In defense of not wearing the mask, we were told by NHS workers who came in there was no point as we constantly touch them etc and wear the same one for 8 hours. I think was when they were hoping that masks would protect you from catching it. I believe they are now being used to stop you spreading it? So the advice has changed regarding it. And therefore we will now wear them as we hadn't been previously.

PM delivered a speech today, apparently.
I say apparently because I stumbled upon by accident, looking at the news.
No wonder people think the virus has gone and the lockdown is over, nobody even knows when we are getting these speeches!
Because I have forgotten the every three week review, because things just seem to happen, get added, altered.

I'd rather things were added or altered as it's felt necessary rather than only reviewing and changing things every three weeks, I think the speed of response is going to be important in keeping on top of this both in terms of imposing restrictions and also prompt lifting of them so people don't get in the habit of ignoring them because they assume they're unnecessary.

It would be nice if we were reminded when a three week briefing is going to be made, surely it wouldn't be too hard to mention it in the news the day before, or as a trailer before programmes?

Yes i caught a snippet of news that he had done a speech. Normally its afternoon. I saw the lunchtime news so i assume his speech today was this morning. How ridiculous to keep doing different time slots.
Was it important, ive forgotten what the snippets were even about.

• Sad
@chunky monkey yet another ridiculous statement from our esteemed leader (or Demonic Scummings)
Apparently he wants everyone back to work and it’s now safe to travel on public transport, so as long as employers make everything safe, no need to work from home anymore so off you toddle!
Sod the climate and people’s health as long as the economy picks up sharpish all the Eton boys will be ok. They’ve also pledged to give the NHS another £3 billion to prepare for a ‘possible’ second wave this winter.
You couldn’t make it up. ?‍♀️

• Sad
The WHO have always said that masks help stop people spreading Covid, but BoJo didn’t want everyone panic buying them right when they couldn’t get enough for the NHS hence the ‘masks don’t help’ message we were getting.
I wore one prior to lockdown purely because I was very scared and anxious and it was the only thing that made me feel safe, I plan to wear one if I have to go out again after July for the same reasons.

The issue I have with the changes being added all over the place, people are going to be missing them. Why can't they have adverts the day before telling us there is a briefing, and keeping it to the same time even the same day would be useful.

There is no change in theory for me with the speech today, your employer will decide if it's safe for you to go back to work, what a cop out!! Whose employer is going to insist you go back to work, what if you then contract the virus and its linked to your workplace?!
Everyone jump on public transport, who was it for before, essential journeys?
Schools are all back in September without the social distancing, so suddenly we won't need it?

The plus I got from it was the saliva test that can pick up a positive before the swabs do and is ready in twenty minutes. I bet they can get that down to ten like the drug test the police do on the road side.
They plan to roll it out to the whole town as a trial.

newrider.com