Coronavirus

Maybe some insanity could stop here
A LITTLE..
if the powers to be continue to grow a set.

The parents of kid that hosted a HUGE PARTY that caused THE WHOLE SCHOOL
to go remote... have now been brought up on charges GOOD ..

People that stick one finger here... two over by you guys... up to obeying any rules
Should be prosecuted and heve it hit them
Hard in the pocketbook..

It still amazes me the people reporters talk to for any number of various news stories and the masks are never on properly.

And its NOT because they lowered it to talk.

We have tv commercials now telling you masks need to be worn properly and
UP OVER THE NOSE.

I think the worse one was a school superintendent.
Hes setting a wonderful example for kids in school.
If I was a parent with kids in that school
I'D BE LIVID

Another GOOD THING just on the noon news.

3 NFL COACHES fined $100,000 DOLLARS EACH for not wearing masks on the sidelines.
The 3 teams were fined $ 250,000 dollars each .
Good the idyiotic fans see them on tv and think I DON'T NEED TO EITHER..

YES YOU DO...

Reactions: Jessey
I've had a bit of sympathy for the governments (note the plural - all the world's government's are struggling to find a way to deal with this, not just ours) but this latest rule of 6 just seems to be for the sake of it. Crazy, when the pubs are open, and whoop di do, closing an hour earlier. (Smh). Spell out a proper plan of action, that will keep people as safe as possible, but help the economy to stabilise. If this is what the brightest and best can come up with, worldwide, we're all blinkin' doomed. For example, I can't have my son and family and daughter and family round (that would be 8 of us), but I can go to a busy pub and "happen" to run into them, and the other 80 odd people there.
Not all pubs close at 11am, some of the city bars are open untll 3am. So in theory, some people could be losing five hours pay per day.
I think and i could be wrong that pubs and bars are meant to be easier to contact trace as they have all of your info. And, if you are contacted it's law to self isolate, so a percentage of people might not go out in the first place.
BUT pubs haven't been responsible how many they let in, it shouldn't be crowded, they are told how many people they can admit.

I take your point, but that percentage that will still go to the pubs, will make even a big family gathering look like a drop in the ocean. It just seems skewed logic to me.

I take your point, but that percentage that will still go to the pubs, will make even a big family gathering look like a drop in the ocean. It just seems skewed logic to me.
Apparently according to the news woman they interviewed, it spreads more from mixing with other households indoors.
But you can arrange to meet them and just shout from table to table.

New Forrest, you are riding whereas I am not. I envied you so much that I looked at New Forrest area figures and in spite of misbehaving tourists your case numbers per thousand are way below our London borough. So are your deaths. I guess if I lived where you do and were your age, I would be riding too.

New Forrest, you are riding whereas I am not. I envied you so much that I looked at New Forrest area figures and in spite of misbehaving tourists your case numbers per thousand are way below our London borough. So are your deaths. I guess if I lived where you do and were your age, I would be riding too.
It's rotten that you can't. It's really not hindered my riding at all round the NF area, or anyone I know. If anything, it was lovely during lockdown, if a bit spooky - no-one in the forest at all, as they shut all the car parks. I took it as my form of exercise. Also, considering Hogan's weight problem, I deemed it animal welfare!

??
I don't understand your comment.

Reactions: carthorse
It's rotten that you can't. It's really not hindered my riding at all round the NF area, or anyone I know. If anything, it was lovely during lockdown, if a bit spooky - no-one in the forest at all, as they shut all the car parks. I took it as my form of exercise. Also, considering Hogan's weight problem, I deemed it animal welfare!

Same here Huggy, though I wish I had the NF to ride in! I actually had a vet who was willing to write a letter saying in his professional opinion exercise in straight lines, ie hacking, was essential to Little Un's health and therefore riding him out was a welfare issue. As it happened I never needed the letter, but at one point my yo was talking about not allowing riding as it was a potential strain on the NHS which is why I asked him about it.

@newforest I did wonder where the comment had come from but assumed I'd missed something. Do you want me to delete it and edit the thread so it makes sense?

@Skib unless the yard where you ride wasn't allowing you to hire a horse like you normally do then the decision not to ride was yours so I don't understand the need for your comment and particularly why you singled out Newforest when so many of us continued to ride. Would you like to explain?

Reactions: Huggy
I was challenged once, by an older male cyclist. He thought I shouldn't because it was a risky exercise. I'm afraid I told him I thought riding a bike at his age was equally risky. He doesn't acknowledge me if we cross paths now. I'm devastated.?

I don't think any of us envied poor newforest during lockdown, not even being allowed to see her horse for so long. Ride or don't ride, but probably best not to make comparisons with others and just weigh up your own situation. Sorry if you have to edit this comment out to make the thread make sense!

I am not from the New Forest. I think that's what's puzzling me.

Anyway back to covid. Has anyone digested the fact these new rules are in place until March 2021.
That makes it one year we will have been in lockdown for. I wonder if moving to level four and bringing in the restrictions is to remind everyone that we are still in a pandemic, trying to function as best we can.

But, why haven't we shut the border with Spain and France? Why are we trusting people to isolate!

I'd forgotten the minor detail of your location lol, the comment makes even less sense now and suggests sour grapes for some reason. Very odd.

I think we'll be very lucky if the new rules are all we have to deal with until March 2021. My feeling is that we'll have another more serious lockdown before then, probably shortly after Christmas if restrictions are lifted to allow family get togethers. I do think a lot of people had stopped behaving as though the pandemic was a danger, and the introduction of masks did seem to reduce social distancing as people felt safe - I think that was always the risk of bringing them in. I also think that no matter how simply things are explained some people seem to misunderstand and that's a very real problem.

As for shutting the border with France and Spain, well as I've said before I don't understand why we're allowing any travel overseas - supporting the airlines is probably no more expensive than dealing with the cases that occur as a result of flights abroad and the emotional cost is far lower.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
The allowing foreign travel thing is ridiculous. And the idea of "safe" countries just because they have slightly lower figures than others. I really think that unless the government stop people going on holiday abroad to and from the UK they just aren't going to get the virus under control, there's just too many opportunities to pick it up and too many people moving it around. They're not even enforcing complete isolation for people returning from high risk countries, just assuming people will do it. I really believe the border should have been closed at the start, then there might have been a hope of controlling it.

I think that anyone’s personal opinion on Covid depends on how it has effected them. Hundreds of thousands of people are facing unemployment and seeing their businesses collapse. Losing your business, income and home has devastating consequences in so many ways.

The bottom line is that this is not a war with an enemy that can be defeated. It is a virus that cannot be stopped and will keep on going until it has run its course or a vaccine is found. For me, the emphasis should be on locking down and protecting the vulnerable while letting the virus go through the healthy.

I fear the new approach of blame and enforcement from the government is only going to lead to mass riots and protests as unemployment and poverty get too much to take. I sense a feeling that younger people (18 to 30) are feeling hugely oppressed and feel like their dreams and opportunities are being unfairly taken away from them. Time will tell, but if Boris wants to go down a path of police and army enforcement, this is bound to result in retaliation from some.

Sadly it looks like they've stopped collecting travel data, would be really interesting to see how many are travelling abroad from here and the amount they are spending compared to those travelling here and their spend. Pretty sure closing borders would help with the economy, so long term would benefit the airlines more

I'm not sure we are ready yet to just let it spread. It's already mutated once, if it mutated again who knows what could happen especially if it was in a large proportion of the healthy population. One death in every 800 has also been in someone young and with no other health conditions. Also as the PM said the more it spreads the harder it would be to keep it away from the vunerable.

Its amazing how arrogant sports coaches are at least with the NFL so far.

Two more coaches and teams with the
100,000 and 250,000 fines yet people keep idolizing these morons.

Millions..not me..watch these sports.
They should be setting a proper example not the shove it up your nose I'm not wearing a mask.

newrider.com