Coronavirus

All of a sudden our positive rates have conveniently started to go below 5%

I don't know what to think anymore.

If they replicate the pcr test less times .
Less will turn up positive..
If they push it more and more lots more positive show up.

Not sure where someone asked about Ale? NH wont let me search as search term too short. But thanks for the reminder. You are right. Ale was very exposed to Covid and she hasnt posted for a week.
We are local to her and everyone here is strictly locked down, in a high infection area. She has elderly relatives and a lot of people have had enough so it isnt compulsory to post on NR. On other hand, on ny other social media when younger people get Covid, they are usually back posting after a week. And often catch it after looking after their parents with Covid.

Reactions: MrA
I haven't had covid (that I know of) but thanks for thinking of me.

This week has been a struggle, I'm finding work so hard at the moment as we are getting busier and busier, we have no restrictions on families visiting so I'm having to help large groups of people on shop floor. We don't have any routine testing available for us so I just really hope our employer's change this soon because it's almost like covid doesn't exist where I work.

My mum had her vaccine and was quite unwell afterwards so that was slightly worrying.

I just haven't had much to say and everything is a struggle at the moment, I know everyone's in the same boat though so I'm trying to just paddle myself out

(((Hugs))) @Ale , your employer really isn't being helpful. I think a lot of people are acting as though nothing is wrong now, it's as though with a vaccine being rolled out they think rules no longer apply.

I hope your mum is ok now. Do you think it was a reaction to the vaccine, or coincidence? Sometimes vaccines can make you feel ill afterwards, I know that some years I've felt bad after my flu jab but other years it doesn't cause me a problem. The way I look at it is that some reaction to the vaccine is likely to be far less of an issue than the actual disease.

Just because everyone is in the same boat doesn't mean you can't talk about it, it affects us all differently x

You right. This last week as more and more are being vacated they keep on about coming out of lockdown. Im fed up with listening to it. Have people learned nothing. Coming out of lockdown too early seems to be whats causing the numbers to go back up.
Much as i am desperate to earn some money, i would rather stay in lockdown and see the back of this.

My mum seems to be better now. She definitely had flu type reactions and stomach pains due to the vaccine. She actually rung and spoke to the doctor this week because her foot was giving her so much pain. She had actually resorted to getting out the walking trolley, to help her get about in the house. The dr said that they didnt think it was vaccine related though.

Almost certain my mum's reaction was from the jab, she reacts badly to everything. And far better than what she would likely go through if she got covid as you say. But still worrying all the same.

I just wish some sort of testing was in place for everyone still working with people, I know it would be difficult but would take away some of the whatif worries.

You right. This last week as more and more are being vacated they keep on about coming out of lockdown. Im fed up with listening to it. Have people learned nothing. Coming out of lockdown too early seems to be whats causing the numbers to go back up.
Much as i am desperate to earn some money, i would rather stay in lockdown and see the back of this.

My mum seems to be better now. She definitely had flu type reactions and stomach pains due to the vaccine. She actually rung and spoke to the doctor this week because her foot was giving her so much pain. She had actually resorted to getting out the walking trolley, to help her get about in the house. The dr said that they didnt think it was vaccine related though.
Interesting you say about your Mum, Iā€™ve had terrible pain in my right hand and knees since about two days post vaccine (both hand and knees arthritic) and just put it down to the cold weather but it does seem very coincidental.

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
My mum had pain in her good foot. I say good because if you saw her other foot and leg you'd understand why. Although she has problems with both her legs being red or black. It was a bit odd. She has next to no feeling in her feet due to the diabetes. She described pain in her arch, worse in the morning, shooting up the leg when she put weight on it. I actually said that sounds a bit like plantar fasciitis, which i get. Shes never had it. When she spoke to the doctor that was exactly what he said it could be. They gave her some flexing exercises to do, which ironically i havent seen her do and only after 48 hours she was walking without her trolley. Well anyone that has proper plantar, knows it takes time to build the muscles with exercise to stop the pain.

Knowing how bad my mums legs are i am swaying more towards side effect of vaccine.

They are still doing a lot of testing here

It's very disturbing to hear people interviewed on the news that just got
vaccinated and say ohh now I can go kiss grandma

People don't have a clue....

The really bad weather here yesterday may have stemmed some of the superbowl parties and flocking to
Restraunts...

Hopefully we won't have another huge a
Spike here.

Im sure in other areas of the country with better weather it was. ..PARTY ON...

Oh well, one casualty of the pandemic is my little business, running for 24 years, nice solid home based business, no option but to close it as can't keep it going any more. Heartbreaking, did an awful lot of work on it, but meetings and events just nothing since March so almost a year nothing!

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Oh well, one casualty of the pandemic is my little business, running for 24 years, nice solid home based business, no option but to close it as can't keep it going any more. Heartbreaking, did an awful lot of work on it, but meetings and events just nothing since March so almost a year nothing!
So sorry, that must be awful after all their years šŸ˜”

@fourlegs that still puts you ahead of a lot of people, and I suspect hospitality won't open up much before late spring or early summer anyway.

How's everyone doing? Feeling positive that cases are dropping and now with the vaccination we are over the worse or like me and still really worried about how it's all going to pan out?

How mad that it has almost been a year since the 1st lockdown now, wonder what the next year will bring

newrider.com