Coronavirus

What is boils down to is almost everyone thinks they are a valid exception to the rules. And I have a personal interest in Ale observing them as my daughter is a surgeon working in the hospital where Ale lives.
We are not an exception to the rules, we are following the rules, those which allow us to care for our livestock, it is that simple really Skib.
It’s very evident from your comments that you are worried, both about yourself and you daughter and I totally understand that, we’re all worried quite frankly, my horse is part of my family and there is no way on this earth she will be allowed to suffer and while I accept that you are worried, you have no right to make anyone feel guilty for caring.
It isn’t an issue for you as your share doesn’t belong to you and as such is not your responsibility, very easy for you to pass judgement in those circumstances, I can’t believe that had you got a horse of your own you would leave it to suffer under any circumstances.

We just got out for food human and animals.
As well as getting take out.
No place was busy thankfully but it was later in the afternoon.
People are flooding into places earlier trying to get
Toilet paper.

The take out we got came to 31.86 so i gave the girl 40.00
And told her to I'm all set.
Omg I was SHOCKED AT THE RESPONSE.
REALLY THE REST IS MINE....

Are people NOT TIPPING...????
What is wrong with people.
No one can eat in these people Still deserve a tip.
Its not their fault you cant eat in.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I think there's some confusion between 'exercise once a day' and 'essential travel' - tending to horses livestock falling into the 'essential travel'. So you appear able to go twice a day but you shouldn't go and see your horse twice a day and then go and 'exercise' outdoors. That exercise portion counts as one of your visits.

Well the Bloody morons have done it .
AS OF A FEW MIN AGO..

Now its 5 people Group .

STAY AT HOME ORDER AND ALL NON ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES TO CLOSE...

Yesterday it was Ny people having to quarrentine 14 days..
NOW ITS ANYONE FROM ANYWHERE...

THOSE guests conveniently JUST LEFT
less than an hr before this just came out..

Wonder where they are escaping to now.
GOOD RIDDANCE..

She had better hope they did not infect her.

It was a really nice day yesterday.
I guess the governor was FURIOUS.
Huge crowds at narragansett sea wall..
Huge crowds in towns in gift shops
Antique shops etc etc
Multiple huge house parties throughout the state..

38 new cases and first 2 deaths..
We are now 230 cases or so

WAY WAY MORE IN ALL THE STATES AROUND US

MASSACHUSETTS CLOSE TO 3500

CONNECTICUT ABOUT 1300
my OH's estranged son and partner just flitted from NY to Florida after quarantine but who knows if that is enough

The shops are finally getting more organised in terms of numbers in store, queuing at safe distance etc, local coop had a one way system and only 2 members of public in store - 3 staff. You had to wait outside in a line. Sainsbury's click and collect in a van at far end of car park. I wear rubber gloves and have finally some hand gel so do my hands the minute I get back in the car.

The dog walking thing is totally confusing and unclear. I have 2 high risk folks here, I am the only one going out. IF I walk locally, i.e. from the house, I meet folks doing the same, if I drive 4 miles to the old railway, I meet NO ONE ever. I can park do a circuit and I have had no contact with anyone. Plus the dogs get a decent walk. to me that sounds more sensible than walking from the house, where i have to let cars go by walking past fields full of sheep and lambs which are stressed and meeting other neighbours doing the same thing. I would not go to Eckford Woods and park there as it is a car park used by walkers, but I parked up at Nisbet back road, walked for 1 1/2 hours and met no one. Have just bought a new car due to my two old bangers finally going to the great car graveyard age 25 and 17, so it should be reliable and I have no shops within 3 miles so I have to drive to them anyway, so if I breakdown I can do it on an essential journey just as easily.

Now technically that would be wrong if the thing about not driving to walk dogs is in force and it is unclear. I try to combine walking dogs with food shopping but that is difficult as I don't like leaving my dogs in the car ever or out of sight. I also have 2 or 3 people who i have offered to shop for or share a click and collect or delivery service if i have one and get their stuff.

I would love to drive to Symington and buy plants for the garden but that really is non essential so I am trying to see if they can deliver them by courier. And when my friend dies of cancer probably very soon, won't be able to do anything. I managed to see her for 10 minutes when I collected mum and said goodbye then.

I agree about the shops, I went to my local co op on the way home and they actually had food in! Loads of milk, plenty of bread, cheese and quite a selection of fish. No meat or poultry and limited canned stuff, I didn't look for potatoes, pasta or toilet rolls as I didn't need them. And the best bit of all was as I walked back to the car the delivery lorry pulled in so what was in store was "left overs" not the result of the latest delivery!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Can you walk the dog early in the morning? I know people doing that.
Here they are closing carparks by the beach and parks to stop people driving to them.
He said stay local and maybe he needed to give us a distance.
People are being stopped and turned back with dogs in them.

I agree about the shops, I went to my local co op on the way home and they actually had food in! Loads of milk, plenty of bread, cheese and quite a selection of fish. No meat or poultry and limited canned stuff, I didn't look for potatoes, pasta or toilet rolls as I didn't need them. And the best bit of all was as I walked back to the car the delivery lorry pulled in so what was in store was "left overs" not the result of the latest delivery!
last weekend the same shop was rationing bread to either 1 loaf or 2 rolls, yesterday, they were selling the two rolls at 10p and you could have as many as you wanted as they had a glut

Are your shops getting you to wait outside two metres apart.
It's freezing here today and mum just text that it's going to be too cold for her to be standing outside waiting to go in.
Has anyone thought what happens if it rains?
We did joke about buying a pet cow, but it would need essential walking on the grass.

It's freezing here today and mum just text that it's going to be too cold for her to be standing outside waiting to go in.
We did joke about buying a pet cow, but it would need essential walking on the grass.

My mum said it was awful cold the other day when she had to queue outside the co-op (she really had no choice). Will be horrible if it turns to torrential rain.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
@newforest there's no-one outside to enforce it, but there is a sign up asking people to and they're only letting in a limited number of people at a time. But it's a village shop, there aren't going to be huge numbers and if the queue is long I suspect people go home and come back later. If it rains take an umbrella?

Personally I will happily queue for an hour in the snow if it means I don’t get closer than 2metres to anyone, but I’m not elderly or infirm and can wrap up warm. I actually feel like I can breathe when I have to go shopping now instead of getting very, very anxious and stressed out with people getting too close.

at Sainsbury's yes, they have marked out spots for you to wait. at coop it is a tiny shop and the pavement is narrow so no but there was only 2 in the shop and I was only one waiting

Personally I will happily queue for an hour in the snow if it means I don’t get closer than 2metres to anyone, but I’m not elderly or infirm and can wrap up warm. I actually feel like I can breathe when I have to go shopping now instead of getting very, very anxious and stressed out with people getting too close.

Even before all of this kicked off, I hated it when people got too near me in a shop. Thankfully that doesn't happen in the local shop - but where we used to live, omg you could be in a queue and folk would practically sit on top you a the checkout!

Here too the stay at home order was a bit confusing.
Your supposed to stay home except to go out for essentials .
You can exercise.
You are supposed to stay within the state.
That was clairified last nite..
If you regularly have shopped over the border you can continue to do so
DON'T LINGER. get what you need and come home.

I live in the North West corner I get 2nd cut hay just over 1 border ration balancer just over the other.
Just a couple miles in either side.
First cut hay I can get next town over within this state.
The goats need second cut.

Even to try to go to the closest tractor supply in this state for ration bslancer
Puts me MUCH CLOSER to higher risk more congested areas.

They don't have hay.

She basicly said do things necessary but DON'T BE STUPID..

It seems more responsible if you can go a short distance to walk in a secluded SAFE
PLACE. Than to be forced into much closer contact outside your door.

My husband got a few texts from co workers in different parts of the state.

One said they went just over the border for dog food.. They can just about throw a stone and hit that PETSMART..
They said state troopers were at the border.
Someone else further south in a more SEASONAL area said every road had state troopers.

How many will have EVER seen anything like this..... not many.

The closest I remember was in Germany
driving home from work at the DYA that was on base at night.
We did not live on base.
The Bada Manhauf ..spelling probably not
Correct.... was active.
Supposedly they were stealing USA plated cars and sneaking around that way.
Going home at night I had to pass thru a check point along the road with several police with Machine guns And my little vw bug was searched.
It was beyond a bit intimidating.

Who knows what things will come to here.

As far as essential travel only thats really all I did anyway.

Diplom.....
Florida is no walk in the park either.
All the spring breakers had flooded the beaches like cockroaches.

New Orleans is a horrible hot spot too.
BUT OHHHH NO WE CAN'T CANCEL
MARDI GRAS....

NOW the morons say they wish they
Had canceled it..

Some things have gotten a bit weird.
Drive thru confessions are popping up
All over.

There was some religious guy that already for some time had a drive in church service at an old drive in movie theater... He stood on top of the concession building giving his service..
I BET HES POPULAR NOW.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Here too the stay at home order was a bit confusing.
Your supposed to stay home except to go out for essentials .
You can exercise.
You are supposed to stay within the state.
That was clairified last nite..
If you regularly have shopped over the border you can continue to do so
DON'T LINGER. get what you need and come home.

I live in the North West corner I get 2nd cut hay just over 1 border ration balancer just over the other.
Just a couple miles in either side.
First cut hay I can get next town over within this state.
The goats need second cut.

Even to try to go to the closest tractor supply in this state for ration bslancer
Puts me MUCH CLOSER to higher risk more congested areas.

They don't have hay.

She basicly said do things necessary but DON'T BE STUPID..

It seems more responsible if you can go a short distance to walk in a secluded SAFE
PLACE. Than to be forced into much closer contact outside your door.

My husband got a few texts from co workers in different parts of the state.

One said they went just over the border for dog food.. They can just about throw a stone and hit that PETSMART..
They said state troopers were at the border.
Someone else further south in a more SEASONAL area said every road had state troopers.

How many will have EVER seen anything like this..... not many.

The closest I remember was in Germany
driving home from work at the DYA that was on base at night.
We did not live on base.
The Bada Manhauf ..spelling probably not
Correct.... was active.
Supposedly they were stealing USA plated cars and sneaking around that way.
Going home at night I had to pass thru a check point along the road with several police with Machine guns And my little vw bug was searched.
It was beyond a bit intimidating.

Who knows what things will come to here.

As far as essential travel only thats really all I did anyway.

Diplom.....
Florida is no walk in the park either.
All the spring breakers had flooded the beaches like cockroaches.

New Orleans is a horrible hot spot too.
BUT OHHHH NO WE CAN'T CANCEL
MARDI GRAS....

NOW the morons say they wish they
Had canceled it..

Some things have gotten a bit weird.
Drive thru confessions are popping up
All over.

There was some religious guy that already for some time had a drive in church service at an old drive in movie theater... He stood on top of the concession building giving his service..
I BET HES POPULAR NOW.
Your states are a lot bigger I assume than our county borders.
My council area works out at about 300 Square miles, so that's not staying local.
I am just guessing that our stay local is within four to five miles of home.

I did my weekly shop in 7 minutes flat at 5pm yesterday, aldi had most things, though still no toilet roll or quorn. They only let xx number in the store and are at the door monitoring 1 out 1 in if they're busy.

The shops are finally getting more organised in terms of numbers in store, queuing at safe distance etc, local coop had a one way system and only 2 members of public in store - 3 staff. You had to wait outside in a line. Sainsbury's click and collect in a van at far end of car park. I wear rubber gloves and have finally some hand gel so do my hands the minute I get back in the car.

The dog walking thing is totally confusing and unclear. I have 2 high risk folks here, I am the only one going out. IF I walk locally, i.e. from the house, I meet folks doing the same, if I drive 4 miles to the old railway, I meet NO ONE ever. I can park do a circuit and I have had no contact with anyone. Plus the dogs get a decent walk. to me that sounds more sensible than walking from the house, where i have to let cars go by walking past fields full of sheep and lambs which are stressed and meeting other neighbours doing the same thing. I would not go to Eckford Woods and park there as it is a car park used by walkers, but I parked up at Nisbet back road, walked for 1 1/2 hours and met no one. Have just bought a new car due to my two old bangers finally going to the great car graveyard age 25 and 17, so it should be reliable and I have no shops within 3 miles so I have to drive to them anyway, so if I breakdown I can do it on an essential journey just as easily.

Now technically that would be wrong if the thing about not driving to walk dogs is in force and it is unclear. I try to combine walking dogs with food shopping but that is difficult as I don't like leaving my dogs in the car ever or out of sight. I also have 2 or 3 people who i have offered to shop for or share a click and collect or delivery service if i have one and get their stuff.

I would love to drive to Symington and buy plants for the garden but that really is non essential so I am trying to see if they can deliver them by courier. And when my friend dies of cancer probably very soon, won't be able to do anything. I managed to see her for 10 minutes when I collected mum and said goodbye then.
As I understand it the no travel is to prevent spread, if it stays in your local community it can be contained, but if you drive 5 miles to walk and touch anything, or the dogs have it on them (I know they can't be infected but neither can a trolley handle) and someone else travels 5 miles from the other direction and touches the same things then it's just been transported from town to town and is much more difficult to contain. You don't have to see the other person to transmit between you.

newrider.com