Coronavirus

@newforest there's no-one outside to enforce it, but there is a sign up asking people to and they're only letting in a limited number of people at a time. But it's a village shop, there aren't going to be huge numbers and if the queue is long I suspect people go home and come back later. If it rains take an umbrella?
In normal circumstances yes that's the solution.
I have only been outside for a total of six hours all week and apart from feeling shut off, I actually am feeling more cold than usual.
I am an outdoor person so that's weird.

Last edited:
The first couple of days i stayed in as i didnt have to go out to do the sheep to much and i stopped riding. It was making me ill. I was suffering from headaches and it was so stuffy. Ive had to go out more to go see the sheep the last few days and the fresh air has definitely made me feel better.

I still havent been shopping still yet. We are getting low on essentials but resisting the trip. Im dreading it. Theres no way my mum could go and stand outside a shop for an hour to queue. She can barely walk any distance as it is.

Did you see that news interview yesterday of some church goer. She was still going to church as she reackon she couldnt get the virus as she was in gods house. Really.

The first couple of days i stayed in as i didnt have to go out to do the sheep to much and i stopped riding. It was making me ill. I was suffering from headaches and it was so stuffy. Ive had to go out more to go see the sheep the last few days and the fresh air has definitely made me feel better.

I still havent been shopping still yet. We are getting low on essentials but resisting the trip. Im dreading it. Theres no way my mum could go and stand outside a shop for an hour to queue. She can barely walk any distance as it is.

Did you see that news interview yesterday of some church goer. She was still going to church as she reackon she couldnt get the virus as she was in gods house. Really.
That's why a Priest died then. Unless she means if it's his my time it is, but that's so selfish and inconsiderate.

That's why a Priest died then. Unless she means if it's his my time it is, but that's so selfish and inconsiderate.

Id forgotten about the priest that had died.
I think its italy that have a very religious population, funny how they have a high death toll. They do also have the highest population in the world of older people. Sadly this has probably changed somewhat now.

Didn't it start in one big church population there ..or am i thinking of someplace else.

Being a very religious population I bet they
Still continued to drink from the cup
Even as things continued to get worse.

I wonder after this passes and the world
Starts to pick up the pieces....
What things WON'T come back..
And how people will re think some things
They NEVER gave a second thought to..

Reactions: Trewsers
Im sure things initially will change and new rules and regulations will be brought in very rapidly.
Give it 10 years and coronavirus will be forgotten by many as we return to our normal busy lives. As the new generations grow up and the world changes with all the new technologies that will come along life as we all know it today will be very different.
Maybe this will also make people realise that life is very short.

Our news has been on with a message from the police, driving to your preferred location to exercise is, non essential travel. We must take our exercise by stepping out of the door at home.

I don't know if this is already on here but this was on Gov.UK website and appears that even if you have symptoms you are still able to go and tend to your horses if needed.
Screenshot_2020-03-30-05-47-51_1.jpg

I did my weekly shop in 7 minutes flat at 5pm yesterday, aldi had most things, though still no toilet roll or quorn. They only let xx number in the store and are at the door monitoring 1 out 1 in if they're busy.

As I understand it the no travel is to prevent spread, if it stays in your local community it can be contained, but if you drive 5 miles to walk and touch anything, or the dogs have it on them (I know they can't be infected but neither can a trolley handle) and someone else travels 5 miles from the other direction and touches the same things then it's just been transported from town to town and is much more difficult to contain. You don't have to see the other person to transmit between you.
I don't touch anything when I am out and i have to drive 3 miles to get to the nearest shop, which is the only place I come into contact with anyone.

@Ale and that's advice for if you or a member of your household are showing symptoms! I really don't think you need to worry about being allowed to care for him if you appear well.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
The governor annoyed me yesterday in her briefing.
Again bloody Narragansett 2 days in a row.
First day crowds upon crowds at the sea wall.
Yesterday crowds lines huge gatherings outstde a restraunt there.
She goes on to say I was so mad to see the pictures I wanted to get in my car and go down and break it up.
Well WHY DIDN'T YOU instead of doing nothing and bitching about it in the next days briefing.
EVERYONE behaving properly following the rules and not going out unnecessarily
Are already very stressed and getting tired of yet again more bad behavior WITH NO DOWNSIDE.
The place wasn't shut down. The chaos continued.
If they were the only ones going to become infected and not spread it to others I'd say have at it kill yourselves off.

Now all out of state cars are stopped at the border.

I might not have coronavirus but definitely senile. Did our one visit to shop and walk dogs, put purse on roof of car while unloading shopping, drove off with purse on roof of car...….
Oh no, hopefully there will be some kind soul who hands it in. Maybe if you have some identy in there someone will try finding you. Have a look on your local fb group. I quite often see people putting posts up saying they found this or that. Equally put some notices on lamp posts to say youve lost it.
I found someones phone whilst out hacking about 6 months ago i put a notice on a couple of local fb groups and someone contacted me saying theyd seen a notice pinned to a lamp post that someone had lost there phone. They took a picture of the notice and forwarded it to me. I contacted the person and sure enough it was theres.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Oh no, hopefully there will be some kind soul who hands it in. Maybe if you have some identy in there someone will try finding you. Have a look on your local fb group. I quite often see people putting posts up saying they found this or that. Equally put some notices on lamp posts to say youve lost it.
I found someones phone whilst out hacking about 6 months ago i put a notice on a couple of local fb groups and someone contacted me saying theyd seen a notice pinned to a lamp post that someone had lost there phone. They took a picture of the notice and forwarded it to me. I contacted the person and sure enough it was theres.
Just been to collect it, someone walking found it about an hour after I lost it, it's been run over and all the clips/zips broken so will have to replace it and a lot of the contents like my BHS membership card are missing but the cash is still there.

newrider.com