Coronavirus

I am sorry for you New Forrest. Our quiet and largely middle class London suburb is still very very quiet.
Very few deaths near here when I last looked and only 2 on the Estate, where we have blocks of ex council flats. Some people in this street fled to their second homes which was stupid as London has major hospitals and daughter told me she was never short of PPE. Homeless are in a hotel near the station and being fed.

Our Labour MP organised a massive help network with people making scrubs for our care homes and basic food parcels for those in need. The food bank is still running that way. I heard on the news last night, people in Bristol hoping that rough sleepers now in hotels would not return to sleeping on the streets.

My brother and his wife got safely back from the USA and are preparing to open their lets and hotel in Scotland when it is permitted.

Daughter is very worried about resurgence -
Are you actually saying that only those of a certain class will visit Bournemouth?

I don't live in Bournemouth, it was referring to the fact that half a million people descended to the area. Hence my comment all our idiots visited - all meaning from all over the UK.

I know I'd rather be living somewhere with a much lower infection rate and a lot more space around me. That would greatly reduce the chance of me needing a major hospital, although surprising as it may seem there are good hospitals outside of London, and since visitors weren't allowed it wouldn't matter if the hospital was or wasn't virtually on the doorstep.

@newforest people's actions have been frightening, it's as if they think it somehow can't happen to them and that is so very wrong.

Sorry, but the councils in the coastal towns KNEW this was going to happen. Lockdown eased, and temperatures of 28 and upwards - what did they expect? People ARE stupid enough to enjoy sitting in each other's laps on the beach - we all know that. If the European holiday beaches can control it, there's no reason why we can't. A two-year old could have predicted the crowds and rubbish. There should have been preparations months ago for this, people could have been issued e tickets or vouchers for the beach, and if the police weren't so busy bending the flipping knee, they could have turned people away at the town borders. Info could have been available as to whether the beach was going to be at capacity, and those stupid enough to come anyway should have been turned away. Mind, I'm glad they went to the beach - the forest was empty!

The places here like Florida now reshutting down things should have known too.

We are one of only 2 states seeing drops in cases. The other is Ct.
I hope our governor doesn't get stupid about letting tourists in.

I was disgusted at dinos yesterday.
Overall every one had masks on.

One woman prancing around the aisles no mask dressed like a trampy SLUT.
I FELT LIKE SAYING aside from covering you face w a mask you need to cover your ass a bit more too.
That was bad enough.
Then at a register old guy no mask then the cashier takes her mask off to kiss him
REALLY...
I don't think that was appropriate during a pandemic even if it was her grandfather or something it was not Appropriate.

I've never been much of a people person..
IM BECOMING LESS AND LESS OF ONE

The places here like Florida now reshutting down things should have known too.

We are one of only 2 states seeing drops in cases. The other is Ct.
I hope our governor doesn't get stupid about letting tourists in.

I was disgusted at dinos yesterday.
Overall every one had masks on.

One woman prancing around the aisles no mask dressed like a trampy SLUT.
I FELT LIKE SAYING aside from covering you face w a mask you need to cover your ass a bit more too.
That was bad enough.
Then at a register old guy no mask then the cashier takes her mask off to kiss him
REALLY...
I don't think that was appropriate during a pandemic even if it was her grandfather or something it was not Appropriate.

I've never been much of a people person..
IM BECOMING LESS AND LESS OF ONE
Love it! Trampy slut! Oh my aching sides! I'm glad someone else gets as apoplectic as I do when something annoys them!

Are you actually saying that only those of a certain class will visit Bournemouth?
Looking through my tweet I cant find anything where I am saying that.

Bournemouth has always seemed to me, as a genealogist, rather posh - a place to which people with some money retired. An thus with a symphony orchestra of its own. A rich friend had a holiday home in that area which he kindly lent to us for a couple of summers.

Under Covid though - I do think people who are less well off in London are less likely to have a garden and are therefore more likely to try and get away to the sea? Most don't own cars and OH tells me that from Waterloo (our major terminal) the trains go to Bournemouth. Looking at vids of Bournmouth Station I felt that the number of people setting out by train from London should have been capped.

I was under the impression that people of Bournemouth was people of a certain type rather than class. So i can image people who visit are of that type too. But i havent a clue in all honesty. Im sure there are some very nice people live there.

I think it's the actual beach isn't it that people look for?
I know where I am one beach is sought after, despite having other areas with sand.

The bottom line is the virus doesn't care who you are, it's interested in anyone it can get its hands on to pass it on to the next person.
It isn't class specific. It doesn't care about you.

Always an issue between me and OH - he's a beach lover, I'm a countryside fan. The only beaches I really like are in the US. My mum used to take us on holidays to the Scottish coast - swimming in the flipping sea in Prestwick and North Berwick - brrrr!

Governor revised our phase 3 plans down a little.
It starts tomorrow shes gone down a bit on group size and how much she was increasing capacity in business etc.
She and the doctor both gave a VERY STERN warning on mask use and using them properly.
People coming from the skyrocketing states have to show proof of negative test or quareentine for 14 days.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Always an issue between me and OH - he's a beach lover, I'm a countryside fan. The only beaches I really like are in the US. My mum used to take us on holidays to the Scottish coast - swimming in the flipping sea in Prestwick and North Berwick - brrrr!
The beach has three users for me, horse riding, dog walking and swimming.
I don't enjoy sitting on it and cooking myself.

The beach has three users for me, horse riding, dog walking and swimming.
I don't enjoy sitting on it and cooking myself.

Last time I sat and cooked on a beach was in Cornwall. I sat with my copy of the Robinsons horse catalogue and felt desolate. I was desperately missing Storm and it was in fact the very last time I ever holidayed without her. I couldn't wait to get home.

newrider.com